Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello All :-) (australia please :-) )

Hello All :-) (australia please :-) )

Old May 6th 2012, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

vickykirby1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello All :-) (australia please :-) )

Hi everyone, I am new here :-) Very nervous and excited at the same time about maybe moving to Australia.
A bit about myself, I am 32, my names Vicky, been married 8 years this year to hubby(29) got 5 children ages 9,8,6,2,1 :-) my hubby been working at his place of work for 6 years, he is a shotblaster/spray painter in engineering, the only thing holding us back is he has no proper qualifications, can someone point us in a direction please thanks xxx
Old May 6th 2012, 6:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello All :-) (australia please :-) )

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 6th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vickykirby1979
Hi everyone, I am new here :-) Very nervous and excited at the same time about maybe moving to Australia.
A bit about myself, I am 32, my names Vicky, been married 8 years this year to hubby(29) got 5 children ages 9,8,6,2,1 :-) my hubby been working at his place of work for 6 years, he is a shotblaster/spray painter in engineering, the only thing holding us back is he has no proper qualifications, can someone point us in a direction please thanks xxx
Welcome to the BE forums Vicky.

When asking for anything here, its best to provide as much information as possible, saves people asking thing, you answering, etc. before you get the answer you actually need.

You didnt specify what you do for a living?
What visa are you hoping to go over on? Check here.. http://www.immi.gov.au/ for starters.

If your husband is an engineer of sorts, then he can get assessed for the relevant occupation, however shotblaster/spraypainter doesnt really fall into the engineering category, so you might be best checking the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).....

Hope that helps.

Old May 6th 2012, 8:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vicky

Welcome to BE.

I recommend you check out our Australia forum, where you can chat with other expats already living and working in Australia. Many folks have already gone through the question of converting skills to qualifications, as well as the visa process, so they will be only too happy to help with useful information and advice.
You will find the forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab at the top left of this page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click Australia and you're in.

If you scroll down past the listed countries on the same index you will also see a section entitled 'Working abroad by profession', click on the word engineering below that where your OH may want to ask advice from others in the same trade.

In the meantime all the very best with your plans - and having 5 kids - bet they keep you busy !

Dread - x