Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello to all @ BritishExpats

Hello to all @ BritishExpats

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

HalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really niceHalfFull23 is just really nice
Default Hello to all @ BritishExpats

Am newly registered with the forum/website but have been visiting very regularly over the last year.

Anyway here goes my story:

My husband and I made the decision to emigrate to Canada about a year ago now and since then we’ve been doing our homework, visiting a few shows but mainly talking to friends in Canada and searching the internet. We sort of have an idea of what we need to do and have started the ball rolling.

What made me finally take the plunge and join the forum? Well I really needed something concrete that would keep me focused and keep my spirits up because over the last few months it has felt as though our dream won’t come true. Hence the HalfFull userID – all psychological props for my pessimistic personality.

Anyway’s we’re a family of 4: 2 young boys, 5 & 2 years old, my husband and I are both nurses and we live in London. The reason we want to move is to give our boys a better life as well as the fact that both of us love the adventure of life so thought that living somewhere else in the world would be a BIG family adventure (if it doesn’t work out then at least we can say we tried but the kids would have experienced a different culture). We’re thinking of BC or Saskatchewan, the final destination will be determined by where we can get jobs. But before that we need to sort our registration out (which we’re started processing).

I think that may be enough, I tend to go on once I start so I don’t want to put people off but I am psyched to be finally here and hope to get as much help as possible as well as making a few friends on the way.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello to all @ BritishExpats

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Love the username...I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda girl myself. Thankfully hubby's glass is always brimming over full...so we have a good balance. Anyway to get back to you...you've come to the right place for information, guidance and helpful tips.

If you've been reading the forums for a while you probably know your way around the site quite well...but just in case you don't...if you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:22 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HalfFull23,

Welcome to BE, we are very pleased you have decided to join us and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of our community. Go get stuck in over in the Canada forum and say hi there too
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & a very warm welcome to BE

I'm sure you'll find some very friendly folk in the Canada forum who will help you navigate your way through the whole immigration process. It can all get a bit daunting at times, so keep hold of that spirit of adventure .

I'm afraid I'm a born pessimist but on the positive side, things are never as bad as I imagine they will be , so I guess it's working for me

Happy posting & good luck with all your plans