Hello

Old Nov 27th 2023, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Shuggy42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,
Me and my wife have decided to try to make the move from the UK to Canada with our child. I’m hoping to seek advice on how to achieve this as we’ve been mulling this over for a long time and have our hearts set.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

RogerMH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Shuggy42
Hi,
Me and my wife have decided to try to make the move from the UK to Canada with our child. I’m hoping to seek advice on how to achieve this as we’ve been mulling this over for a long time and have our hearts set.
HI, I left Canada after 36 yrs and returned to the UK 3 yrs ago, and now moving to Spain next month.
Why did we leave Canada, two reasons , there are basically two seasons there summer and winter, as as you get older the latter will bring the best man to his knees. Now this all depend on where you intend to live and work!
The second reason was my dislike of the doctoral attitude of Ottawa..... the old adage if you don't like the heat in the kitchen get out! So we did!
Canada is a wonderful country and I loved the opportunity and lifestyle there, but the whole system has change , so do your homework and ask questions, many questions! Im here to answer questions.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Shuggy42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RogerMH
HI, I left Canada after 36 yrs and returned to the UK 3 yrs ago, and now moving to Spain next month.
Why did we leave Canada, two reasons , there are basically two seasons there summer and winter, as as you get older the latter will bring the best man to his knees. Now this all depend on where you intend to live and work!
The second reason was my dislike of the doctoral attitude of Ottawa..... the old adage if you don't like the heat in the kitchen get out! So we did!
Canada is a wonderful country and I loved the opportunity and lifestyle there, but the whole system has change , so do your homework and ask questions, many questions! Im here to answer questions.
Good to get other people’s thoughts on, thanks!

We’re planning on a trip to explore the idea in a bit more detail in June/July as we’ve done half a dozen winter trips already so wanted to see a summer.
I’m sure many questions will come up, the main one in my mind at the moment is the job hunt element at the moment. I’m curious if companies actually can offer out jobs to those in Express Entry without too much difficulty and if so, surely there’s a challenge when they have to wait a decent amount of time before you manage to show up? I’m sure this is different by industry, I’m a mechanical engineer/manager currently and my wife does data analysis type work.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shuggy42
Good to get other people’s thoughts on, thanks!

We’re planning on a trip to explore the idea in a bit more detail in June/July as we’ve done half a dozen winter trips already so wanted to see a summer.
I’m sure many questions will come up, the main one in my mind at the moment is the job hunt element at the moment. I’m curious if companies actually can offer out jobs to those in Express Entry without too much difficulty and if so, surely there’s a challenge when they have to wait a decent amount of time before you manage to show up? I’m sure this is different by industry, I’m a mechanical engineer/manager currently and my wife does data analysis type work.
Hi, and welcome.

This forum is really just a place to say hello, so please do ask your questions in the Canada forums where you’ll get more responses. EE didn’t exist when @RogerMH moved so he’s not likely to be able to answer your question about that visa route, but others will.

Good luck.