Hello

Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Yorkie100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,

We're in that half-way house at the moment, trying to see if a move from UK to Houston is doable.

We did a stint in the Far East before the kids, returning with a toddler & one on the way, but now considering an offer to do it again with a 15 year old (about to sit GCSEs) & 13 year old.

Any help badly greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Hello

Sorry that should read greatly appreciated!

Not a good start!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkie100
Hi,

We're in that half-way house at the moment, trying to see if a move from UK to Houston is doable.

We did a stint in the Far East before the kids, returning with a toddler & one on the way, but now considering an offer to do it again with a 15 year old (about to sit GCSEs) & 13 year old.

Any help badly greatly appreciated.
What sort of visa will you be getting..?
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkie100
Sorry that should read greatly appreciated!

Not a good start!
There's an edit button so you can edit your post within a couple of hours of posting if you make a mistake or want to add something.

Welcome to BE, head over to the US forums and there are loads of threads there about Houston that you can search for, and a few forum members that live there that will be happy to help with any questions you have I'm sure.

Good luck.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There's an edit button so you can edit your post within a couple of hours of posting if you make a mistake or want to add something.

Welcome to BE, head over to the US forums and there are loads of threads there about Houston that you can search for, and a few forum members that live there that will be happy to help with any questions you have I'm sure.

Good luck.
Thanks for the editing note & the welcome. My homework for this afternoon is searching for schools, both boarding in the UK & in Houston, & I've a feeling that BE will be very helpful.

Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Good luck.
Other half is looking at I think a L1 visa (executive one).