British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-856790/)

Yorkie100 Apr 20th 2015 4:46 pm

Hello

Hi,

We're in that half-way house at the moment, trying to see if a move from UK to Houston is doable.

We did a stint in the Far East before the kids, returning with a toddler & one on the way, but now considering an offer to do it again with a 15 year old (about to sit GCSEs) & 13 year old.

Any help badly greatly appreciated.

Yorkie100 Apr 20th 2015 4:47 pm

Re: Hello

Sorry that should read greatly appreciated!

Not a good start!

mikelincs Apr 20th 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkie100 (Post 11623793)
Hi,

We're in that half-way house at the moment, trying to see if a move from UK to Houston is doable.

We did a stint in the Far East before the kids, returning with a toddler & one on the way, but now considering an offer to do it again with a 15 year old (about to sit GCSEs) & 13 year old.

Any help badly greatly appreciated.

What sort of visa will you be getting..?

christmasoompa Apr 20th 2015 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkie100 (Post 11623795)
Sorry that should read greatly appreciated!

Not a good start!

:lol: There's an edit button so you can edit your post within a couple of hours of posting if you make a mistake or want to add something.

Welcome to BE, head over to the US forums and there are loads of threads there about Houston that you can search for, and a few forum members that live there that will be happy to help with any questions you have I'm sure.

Good luck.

Yorkie100 Apr 21st 2015 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11623811)
:lol: There's an edit button so you can edit your post within a couple of hours of posting if you make a mistake or want to add something.

Welcome to BE, head over to the US forums and there are loads of threads there about Houston that you can search for, and a few forum members that live there that will be happy to help with any questions you have I'm sure.

Good luck.

Thanks for the editing note & the welcome. My homework for this afternoon is searching for schools, both boarding in the UK & in Houston, & I've a feeling that BE will be very helpful.

:thumbup:

Yorkie100 Apr 21st 2015 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11623811)

Good luck.

Other half is looking at I think a L1 visa (executive one).