Hello!!

Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Faye68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello!!

I'm from London living in Turkey for over 20 years now My husband is a Turkish citizen and a ship engineer and we've been very happy and affluent here. He is now retiring and my heart strings are pulling at me to go back to UK where my parents are now 77 & 80 years old and I'm their only child.

It's taken me so many years to convince my husband to move to the UK (not everyone wants to live there contrary to popular belief of everyone back in London!!) and now that he's retiring and finally conceded with plans to start a business in the UK I am reeling in shock with all the information about these new rules and restrictions which I previously lived in blissful ignorance of

So that's me in a nutshell.

It's nice to find a community in which our problems are so similar
Old Jul 13th 2014, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!!

Originally Posted by Faye68
I'm from London living in Turkey for over 20 years now My husband is a Turkish citizen and a ship engineer and we've been very happy and affluent here. He is now retiring and my heart strings are pulling at me to go back to UK where my parents are now 77 & 80 years old and I'm their only child.

It's taken me so many years to convince my husband to move to the UK (not everyone wants to live there contrary to popular belief of everyone back in London!!) and now that he's retiring and finally conceded with plans to start a business in the UK I am reeling in shock with all the information about these new rules and restrictions which I previously lived in blissful ignorance of

So that's me in a nutshell.

It's nice to find a community in which our problems are so similar

Hello and welcome aboard.

In case you haven't come across the UK forums here is the link:

Moving back to the UK - British Expats

I think you'll find the people who post in the UK forums to be very supportive and informative. Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:03 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,and welcome to the forum

As Jerseygirl says, do check out the Moving Back to the UK section. You will find lots of others doing the same thing. Not so easy these days moving back with a foreign spouse, so all the best with the plans.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Faye68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome,everyone