Hello!

Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

BubStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hello!

Hello! I'm Debbie, 32 & very happily married to Tom

My husband and I are currently emptying our home to rent it out. We've said goodbye to our beautiful kitties - who will be very missed, but will be loved and well cared for with people we know. Our home is becoming emptier and we're attempting to sort what to ship/pack/ditch etc. We're getting there!

We're flying to Canada in 10 days (scary) where we'll be living with my brother & his wife. I've been approved as a sponsor for Tom and I'll be working for them while we wait for Tom's visa to be approved (sorry I already posted a question before I found this welcome forum!). I am wondering if it's possible to receive the visa while we're in Canada or whether Tom will have to return to UK to retrieve it? Either is fine, just wondering!

Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Welcome to BE. Exciting time for you eh? Where in Canada are you moving to?

Actually you posted your questions in the correct forum...the Canada Immigration forum. This forum is for new members to introduce themselves to us...so it's all good.

The lovely folk who post in the Canada Imm forum will do their best to help you.

Good luck with the move.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Hello!

Hello,

We're moving to Parry Sound of all places! Haha my Dad is in Barrie though and we'll only be 2hrs (only!? Gotta get used to Canadian distances!) from Toronto

Where are you based?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubStar
Hello,

We're moving to Parry Sound of all places! Haha my Dad is in Barrie though and we'll only be 2hrs (only!? Gotta get used to Canadian distances!) from Toronto

Where are you based?
Nice. I have been to Collingwood...I don't think that is a million miles away from Parry Sound.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 8:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:29 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello!

A very warm welcome to you Debbie

All the very best for your new life in Canada which is a super place to live

Karim
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Hello!

Hi and thank you everyone for your welcomes!

We've been here 6 months now! It's gone fast and it's been amazing! I have bumped into a few fellow UK peeps and there seem to be loads of 1st & 2nd generation immigrants here, which is cool.

We've adapted well I feel and are determined not to lose our English sayings and ways! Can't help but adapt though.

The leaves are changing now and it's cooled down to a similar temp to when we arrived in April. Beautiful. I'm excited and apprehensive about winter but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Need to find some fellow UK dudes to hang with, but we're making some nice Canadian pals too of course!

Everyone we meet is really welcoming too and Tom has his Permanent Residency now so our lengthy visa efforts were worth it!

Take care dudes!
Deb
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:46 am
Banned

centralbusiness is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi . I definitely wanted to visit and probably stay in Canada as well . Hopefully my visa will be approved soon . Kinda excited .

Good day earthlings !