Hello!

Old Jan 19th 2013, 7:32 am
Just Joined

MaggieBoston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello!

Greetings!

I'm actually an American living in the UK (my husband is English) and I have found this forum (specifically the USA portion) to be incredibly useful. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences and they have really helped me with my own adjustment across the pond.

See you around.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 6:42 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Hi Maggie and welcome to the forum. Thanks for introducing yourself. I don't know quite where you fit in on this forum, but I imagine that the Moving Back to the UK section here might be of interest.

All the best
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:32 am
Just Joined

MaggieBoston is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I don't quite fit in here I know, but when I'm homesick for the US, I find comfort in reading the experiences of those who have done it the opposite way (British Expats to America).

Thanks for the welcome and I'll definitely check that out.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaggieBoston
Greetings!

I'm actually an American living in the UK (my husband is English) and I have found this forum (specifically the USA portion) to be incredibly useful. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences and they have really helped me with my own adjustment across the pond.

See you around.
Welcome to BE Maggie.

Nice to have another American on board. Please give me a shout if you require any site related help.

I look forward to seeing you in the US Forums.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maggie & welcome to BE!

Nah ... you'll fit in nicely. Just think of the knowledge you'll be able to share with members looking for information about living in the USA. Firsthand local info is somewhat of a commodity around here.

Oggy
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

Take it from your user name you're from Boston?

http://www.uk-yankee.com/ Anyway, that might be another forum you might be interested in
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary