British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-764808/)

wonderwoman1st Jul 12th 2012 6:15 pm

Hello

Not really new to this as browsed on here long before now.

Originally from the south of the UK, well travelled as come from an RAF background and was in myself for 9 years before pursuing my profession.

Lived in North Vancouver for 4 years, now in Ontario, more multicultural here I find more things British and not so pricey compared to when I was in BC, but I do miss those mountains and the general outdoor sports pursuits I did (free as it should be).

Mother to a toddler, singlehandedly as the UK Father is one of those deadbeats unfortunately, but the little one is fine and well taken care of importantly and well loved for my parents who have been in his life from the start too.

I love the weather over here, more consistent, but sometimes too hot esp Toronto.

MrsFychan Jul 12th 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Hello

Hi, see you have already found the Canadian forum. hope you enjoy your time on here.

Jerseygirl Jul 13th 2012 2:57 am

Originally Posted by wonderwoman1st (Post 10169134)
Not really new to this as browsed on here long before now.

Originally from the south of the UK, well travelled as come from an RAF background and was in myself for 9 years before pursuing my profession.

Lived in North Vancouver for 4 years, now in Ontario, more multicultural here I find more things British and not so pricey compared to when I was in BC, but I do miss those mountains and the general outdoor sports pursuits I did (free as it should be).

Mother to a toddler, singlehandedly as the UK Father is one of those deadbeats unfortunately, but the little one is fine and well taken care of importantly and well loved for my parents who have been in his life from the start too.

I love the weather over here, more consistent, but sometimes too hot esp Toronto.

:welcome: to BE.

The weather is certainly hot and humid in Toronto at the moment...just the way I like it.

There are plenty of people living in the GTA...they mostly hang out in the Canada forums. They have downtown meet-ups every few months...perhaps you'll be able to join them. :drinkwine:

wonderwoman1st Jul 13th 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome :)

I'd love to meet some fellow Brits local to me in the GTA, but with a toddler I am not out in the evenings, he routinely has his dinner, bath, and is in bed by 7pm, he's almost 3 years old.

So for me it would have to be day time meets. I wouldn't trust a babysitter to be honest, I trust his pre-school NYAD they are great, but it's daytime hours obviously.

If there are any coffee time or brunch meets I would be more able to meet up for those.