Hello

Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:13 am
Just Joined

traceyjharris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi everyone

I'm very new to this website, not so new to OZ been here 6 years now. Just wondered if anyone could help with how I go about getting UK passports fir my two children born here thanks
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:11 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi Tracey

Welcome to BE.
We have a forum dedicated to expats who live and work in Australia, which you will find by clicking the 'forum index' tab at the top left of this page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click on Australia and you're in.

I would recommend you popping in on that forum and reposting your question as I am pretty sure that others have needed to get UK passports for their children so someone will be able to advise how to go about this.
They are a friendly bunch on the Oz forum so you will be in good company.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:47 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by traceyjharris
Hi everyone

I'm very new to this website, not so new to OZ been here 6 years now. Just wondered if anyone could help with how I go about getting UK passports fir my two children born here thanks
Hi Tracey,
Check out the link http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/h...als/passports/
It looks as if Australian applications now get handled at the regional office in Wellington, and you will need to send various original documents including birth certificates for the children and your own birth certificate. We got a UK passport for our Australian born daughter some years ago and it was pretty straightforward. i did worry about sending original documents rather than copies, but they all came back safely!
Good luck and welcome to BE!
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not a clue I'm afraid, but welcome to BE and good luck.