British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-723661/)

Wibblypig Jul 5th 2011 8:41 am

Hello!

Hi,

My name is Vicki. Myself and my family are in the process of moving from York to New York. My husband is waiting for his H1B visa to be approved, we should find out within a couple or weeks as it has been submitted by the attorney.

:)

Jerseygirl Jul 5th 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Wibblypig (Post 9475940)
Hi,

My name is Vicki. Myself and my family are in the process of moving from York to New York. My husband is waiting for his H1B visa to be approved, we should find out within a couple or weeks as it has been submitted by the attorney.

:)

Hi Vicki...welcome to BE.

Do you want to live in the city or within commuting distance? If you take a look through some of the old threads in the US Forum you will see loads of threads about the NY Metro area. Particularly look for posts by Englishmum...she's posted great advice about areas to live, schools, transportation etc.

We have an excellent US Immigration and Visas forum...please post any questions you have about the actual immigration process in that forum. You will get lot of good advice from the regulars who post in there. General questions about life in the US should be posted in the US Forum. The Trailer Park is for general chit chat.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information. Also please read through any stickied threads that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. :)

Wibblypig Jul 5th 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jerseygirl :)

We cannot afford to live in the city :( Also we have 3 children so commuting for the hubby it is ;)

I have been lurking on the USA boards already :p and found the information invaluable :)

Thanks again for the info :)

Jerseygirl Jul 5th 2011 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wibblypig (Post 9477101)
Thanks for the welcome Jerseygirl :)

We cannot afford to live in the city :( Also we have 3 children so commuting for the hubby it is ;)

I have been lurking on the USA boards already :p and found the information invaluable :)

Thanks again for the info :)

I live near Morristown...a 1 hr train ride from Penn Station. Most places from M/town east are a fairly easy commute if they are on the train route.

If you click on 'All Threads Started By Englishmum' you will find the threads she's started re NYC. Also click on 'All Posts.......' and you'll find the posts she's written on living in NJ...schools, areas etc. Please do take time to read them...I'm sure they will help you.

Have you been to NJ, Conn or NY State before? If not I strongly recommend you do a reccie before you move.

BEVS Jul 7th 2011 4:17 am

Hi there. I can't help you at all as we emigrated to New Zealand:p

Just wanted to welcome you to BE & hope you enjoy being part of our community.

BEVS