British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   hello! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-703514/)

DonnaG2 Feb 2nd 2011 5:22 pm

hello!

Hello!

I'm not really an expat but we do a lot of touring in Europe in our motorhome and house and pet sitting in the UK and Europe inbetween touring, or sometimes whilst touring, so I thought it would be sensible to get on the forum! :)

Jerseygirl Feb 2nd 2011 5:43 pm

Re: hello!

Originally Posted by DonnaG2 (Post 9147377)
Hello!

I'm not really an expat but we do a lot of touring in Europe in our motorhome and house and pet sitting in the UK and Europe inbetween touring, or sometimes whilst touring, so I thought it would be sensible to get on the forum! :)

Hello Donna...welcome to BE.

You don't have to be an expat to join our cyber community. Why don't you pop over to our General Europe forum and join in the chatter?

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

DonnaG2 Feb 2nd 2011 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9147427)
Hello Donna...welcome to BE.

You don't have to be an expat to join our cyber community. Why don't you pop over to our General Europe forum and join in the chatter?

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

Will have a look at these, thanks! :thumbsup:

Sue Feb 2nd 2011 8:54 pm

Welcome to BE Donna,

I hope you enjoy being part of our community :)

Bob Feb 2nd 2011 9:26 pm

Welcome to BE :)

bakedbean Feb 3rd 2011 1:31 am

Welcome, welcome :)

Bally_Singh Feb 3rd 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by DonnaG2 (Post 9147377)
Hello!

Hi Donna!

Where abouts are you travelling in Europe?

DonnaG2 Feb 3rd 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bally_Singh (Post 9149932)
Hi Donna!

Where abouts are you travelling in Europe?

Well, we're in Tenerife (static, not travelling) till 1st March, then we'll be touring France in our motorhome for a big chunk of the summer. We hope to spend a portion of the winter in either Spain or Portugal, but ideally that would be interspersed with some house sitting :) Where are you? :confused:

Bally_Singh Feb 4th 2011 2:38 am

Originally Posted by DonnaG2 (Post 9149999)
Well, we're in Tenerife (static, not travelling) till 1st March, then we'll be touring France in our motorhome for a big chunk of the summer. We hope to spend a portion of the winter in either Spain or Portugal, but ideally that would be interspersed with some house sitting :) Where are you? :confused:

I am currently residing in New Delhi!! Moved out here over a year ago from the Midlands!
wow sounds like your have the next 6 months all booked then!! sounds like fun!

safe journeys!

bakedbean Feb 4th 2011 2:53 am

Originally Posted by DonnaG2 (Post 9149999)

What a great idea.

I went to Tenerife in February one year (ahem... about 35 years ago). The climate was really nice.

Jerseygirl Feb 4th 2011 3:27 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9150906)
What a great idea.

I went to Tenerife in February one year (ahem... about 35 years ago). The climate was really nice.

I was there Dec 1986. I remember there was a lot of construction...so I suppose it's changed quite a bit now.

scrubbedexpat094 Feb 5th 2011 1:01 am

Welcome to BE. Sounds like you are having a great life. Happy posting & travelling :thumbup:

DonnaG2 Feb 5th 2011 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Bally_Singh (Post 9150875)
I am currently residing in New Delhi!! Moved out here over a year ago from the Midlands!
wow sounds like your have the next 6 months all booked then!! sounds like fun!

safe journeys!

OK, don't think I'll be dropping in to see you then??? :rofl: Enjoy :D

DonnaG2 Feb 5th 2011 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9150906)
What a great idea.

Mostly it has been... but a bit dull and very windy lately (climate change???) but then again, a lot warmer than the UK :rolleyes:

DonnaG2 Feb 5th 2011 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9150961)
I was there Dec 1986. I remember there was a lot of construction...so I suppose it's changed quite a bit now.

Yeah, I expect so. Think some of it now needs repairing.... :D