British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello..! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-649817/)

aidan80 Jan 18th 2010 1:12 am

Hello..!

I’ve been poking about on the net trying to find any real live Irish organisations/expats here in Central Florida and ended up here lol? Anyway I just wanted to drop in say hello! I’m originally from Ireland been living here in Florida not too far outside Orlando for the past number of years. Trying to get out, explore the area a bit more as I’ve not been in Orlando as much as I could have.

I've noticed I'm not alone in this part of the world. Seen/heard a few Brits about but seems we're (the Irish) are kinda thin on the ground in this part of the world?:lol:

nettlebed Jan 18th 2010 1:30 am

Re: Hello..!

Originally Posted by aidan80 (Post 8257742)
I’ve been poking about on the net trying to find any real live Irish organisations/expats here in Central Florida and ended up here lol? Anyway I just wanted to drop in say hello! I’m originally from Ireland been living here in Florida not too far outside Orlando for the past number of years. Trying to get out, explore the area a bit more as I’ve not been in Orlando as much as I could have.

I've noticed I'm not alone in this part of the world. Seen/heard a few Brits about but seems we're (the Irish) are kinda thin on the ground in this part of the world?:lol:

****!

(Those asterisks above were originally Father Jack's exclamation, but the weenie filter stripped 'em out :()

Not close to you (I'm up here in the Pac NW), but welcome anyway. Florida has one of the highest (if not the highest) number of expat Brits in the US (Ray, who is in Fla) will be along to confirm or humiliate me soon...

Jerseygirl Jan 18th 2010 1:45 am

Hello and welcome.

Nettlebed's correct now it's known you're from the Orlando area you'll probably come in for a bit of ribbing. Take no notice...it's just our British sense of humour.

Oh...Ray...he's just a soft hearted old geezer with a bark worse than his bite. ;)

elfman Jan 18th 2010 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8257784)
Oh...Ray...he's just a soft hearted old geyser with a bark worse than his bite. ;)

yes, we don't call him "old faithful" for nothing

nettlebed Jan 18th 2010 1:59 am

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 8257797)
yes, we don't call him "old faithful" for nothing

Yep: JG probably meant geezer, as in Diamond Geezer:

SagenOnion Jan 18th 2010 2:02 am

1 Attachment(s)
Enjoy..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...the+Lounge+TIO

Bob Jan 18th 2010 2:19 am

Welcome to BE :)

Might want to search through meetup.com and see if there's a group in your neck of the woods?

lisa67 Jan 18th 2010 3:06 am

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:

Tom60 Jan 18th 2010 3:12 am

Welcome, Aidan, glad to meet you. :)

Sally Redux Jan 18th 2010 3:18 am

Careful now :lol:

chartreuse Jan 18th 2010 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8257929)
Careful now :lol:

That was the first episode I ever saw. :D

Sally Redux Jan 18th 2010 3:28 am

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 8257930)
That was the first episode I ever saw. :D

The first one I saw was with the 'freak pointing' :lol:

Jerseygirl Jan 18th 2010 3:37 am

Originally Posted by nettlebed (Post 8257814)
Yep: JG probably meant geezer, as in Diamond Geezer:

:o

cissy Jan 18th 2010 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8257946)
:o

hi from where you just left Ireland and yes I am a yank.Loving Ireland:lol:

Ray Jan 18th 2010 1:05 pm

Ya'll are bastards