Reload this Page >

Have I done the right thing?

Have I done the right thing?

Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Wantabetterlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have I done the right thing?

Hello everyone,

I would love any comment, and I mean ANY comment. Today I sent off my application to an agent to apply for MM2H.

I've been to Malaysia several times and as my name says
...I want a better life. Will I get one here??

Looking forward to responses

To Tony
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:21 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have I done the right thing?

Welcome Tony,

can't help you on "have I done the right thing" only time will tell but hey if you don't try it you won't know.

have a chat with the members in the Malaysian section
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=148

they have been and going through the same things.

good luck
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:47 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wantabetterlife
Hello everyone,

I would love any comment, and I mean ANY comment. Today I sent off my application to an agent to apply for MM2H.

Looking forward to responses

To Tony
Nothing ventured, nothing gained Tony. Good luck!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Hey thanks for your response. I agree totally. Life is too short not to try.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What is MM2H ?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wantabetterlife

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum

Will you get a better life? Who knows. Just give it a try. For what it's worth, I have the MM2H visa and have been living in Penang for just over 3 years now. I love it here (so far). Just give it a try.

One of the great things about the visa is that you can always chuck it in if Malaysia doesn't suit, or if your circumstances change. I know quite a few folks who have done that. It's horses for courses. We started off retired life in Thailand on the Thai retirement visa but never really settled there. Penang seems like the right place for us.

Anyway, do join in with some threads in the Malaysia section, won't you. See you over there.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:55 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
What is MM2H ?
It's a long term social visit visa for Malaysia. If approved, you get 10 years stamped in your passport, and it's renewable. A lot of folks use the visa for retirement purposes, though you don't have to stay there full time (or at all actually). If you want to learn more, read here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757238
Old Nov 5th 2013, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Envy you the courage to try some place difference for a bit. I'm a stay in the rut you dug type of gal.

Welcome to Be and good wishes for you new lifestyle.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Tony and welcome to the forum

Will you get a better life? Who knows. Just give it a try. For what it's worth, I have the MM2H visa and have been living in Penang for just over 3 years now. I love it here (so far). Just give it a try.

One of the great things about the visa is that you can always chuck it in if Malaysia doesn't suit, or if your circumstances change. I know quite a few folks who have done that. It's horses for courses. We started off retired life in Thailand on the Thai retirement visa but never really settled there. Penang seems like the right place for us.

Anyway, do join in with some threads in the Malaysia section, won't you. See you over there.
Hi Bakedbean,
I'm very grateful for your nice response and I hope to hear from you and others again.
My wife and I have been looking forward to this part of our life for several years.

After 3yrs I consider you to be seasoned now and no doubt I could learn a lot off you if you are willing... no pressure!

Just finding my way round the forum so will be in touch but just to say how heartening it was to get such a nice response. Thanks

Tony and Carol Ann