Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Windsor !

Greetings from Windsor !

Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Greetings from Windsor !

Greetings from Windsor

My name is Karim, I am 43yo and I live in Windsor, Berkshire.

I am French and I have worked in hospitality for the past 22 years and my job took me in places as different as New-Zealand, Australia and Canada.

I love travelling and discovering new exciting places and learn about their History, traditions and People.

A little anecdote is that I was lucky enough to live in Summer for a few years as I worked in south of France from March to October and in Russell, Bay of Islands, New-Zealand from October to March. Since then, I must admit that "old winter" came back to me...

My interests include travelling at home and abroad, creating miniatures on a 1/12th scale - mostly with the Victorian times in mind - reading, movies, walking and renovating my home in France.

This year, I have embarked on a journey of discovery of this country that has been my second home away from France and England keeps enchanting my senses with its variety, the beauty of its scenery and the wealth of its history and traditions.

I, who used to think for so many years and excitement and emotion were about "long haul" journeys, have finally discovered that beauty often lay on your very door step for you to enjoy.

I will be delighted to take you along with me on my "escapades" around the UK with a short presentation of the place spiced up here and there with a few little anecdotes and pictures.

Thank you for welcoming to this forum !

Karim
Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Windsor !

Welcome to BE!

And Windsor, very nice...I went to uni up the road in Egham, back before my uni consolidated campuses and sold bunnymede
Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:03 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karim

Welcome to BE.
Take a look at our list of forums on the main page and see which one you like the look of. Double click and you're in the forum.
Feel free to just jump in and post on any of the current threads or even start a new thread about your discovery journey.

Hope you enjoy the fun on BE.

Dread - x
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Karim and welcome to BE.

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to introduce yourself . I've seen the thread you've posted in The Lounge about your travels around the UK. You've posted some fabulous pics...many that I can relate to. I'm going to move this thread into one of our Moving Back To The UK Forums because I feel you will get a better response from our members who post in that forum. If you have any experiences of other countries to share with our members please take a look through the list of BE Forums and post them in the appropriate country's forum.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page. For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator. Every BE forum is assigned at least one moderator...you can find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are printed in bold font...concierges' names are in standard font.

If you need help please give me a shout....and once again welcome to BE.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 10th 2010 at 4:41 am.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for your warm welcome

I indeed hesitated in which forum to post my travel experiences and I agree with you that "Moving Back to the UK" seems pefect

Thank you very much for welcoming me to this forum which I cannot wait to explore !

Have a great Sunday !

Karim
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Thank you very much for your warm welcome

I indeed hesitated in which forum to post my travel experiences and I agree with you that "Moving Back to the UK" seems pefect

Thank you very much for welcoming me to this forum which I cannot wait to explore !

Have a great Sunday !

Karim
I'm sorry I should have pointed out that if you clicked on your thread in The Lounge it would automatically take you to your thread in the MBTTUK forum. This will take you to it.