Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Potsdam, Germany.

Greetings from Potsdam, Germany.

Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

grahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nice
Default Greetings from Potsdam, Germany.

Hi all

I'm new to this forum but not to Potsdam - lived here for nearly four years now.

I'm an English photographer & my wife is an artist - hope to find interesting conversations, different points of view, and new ideas on the forum and perhaps meet some of you one day!

mfg

grahame s
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: greetings from Potsdam

Originally Posted by grahame-s
Hi all

I'm new to this forum but not to Potsdam - lived here for nearly four years now.

I'm an English photographer & my wife is an artist - hope to find interesting conversations, different points of view, and new ideas on the forum and perhaps meet some of you one day!

mfg

grahame s
Hi there and welcome to BE.

We have quite a few members living in Germany...there's bound to be some of them living in the Berlin area. Here is the link to our Germany Forum...take a look around and join in with the banter. You may also want to take a look in our Europe Forum.

If you have any problems navigating your way around the rest of the site we have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Please contact Mitzyboy if you have any problems or concerns...he's the moderator for the Europe forums.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

mfg

grahame s
Hi and welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. I lived in Germany many, many moons ago, but haven't been to Potsdam. How are you enjoying life there?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

grahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nicegrahame-s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. I lived in Germany many, many moons ago, but haven't been to Potsdam. How are you enjoying life there?
Hi Sue & thanks for the welcome.

Potsdam is OK - a "Baroque Splendour"! It's had a tough time over the years being in the former East and that has certainly left its mark on the locals, but they are getting better & if you want a more cosmopolitan atmosphere then Berlin is 30 mins by train.

Look us up if you're ever over here again.

grahame s
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:41 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Potsdam, Germany.

Hi Graham

Welcome to BE from me too.
Like Sue I have never been to Potsdam either so would love to hear some information about it from someone who is living there as an expat. Also as a fellow photogragher (only an amateur though) your description of 'baroque splendour' has perked up my interest a bit from the picture taking perspective.

Hope you have also found our Germany forum now and are finding your feet there - if you need any help navigating the site, please give us a shout.

Dread - x
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:44 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

mfg

grahame s
Hi, my daughter did an Erasmus year at the Potsdam Uni a few years ago and enjoyed living in the town. She's now in Berlin and when I go visiting her, I often take a train to see Potsdam again.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Graham

Welcome to BE from me too.
Like Sue I have never been to Potsdam either so would love to hear some information about it from someone who is living there as an expat. Also as a fellow photogragher (only an amateur though) your description of 'baroque splendour' has perked up my interest a bit from the picture taking perspective.

Hope you have also found our Germany forum now and are finding your feet there - if you need any help navigating the site, please give us a shout.

Dread - x
yes,, Potsdam & Berlin are great places to be with a camera!
If you ever visit then I'll be glad to show you around

grahame s
Old Oct 21st 2010, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, my daughter did an Erasmus year at the Potsdam Uni a few years ago and enjoyed living in the town. She's now in Berlin and when I go visiting her, I often take a train to see Potsdam again.
... then please let me know next time you visit & we can meet up!

grahame s
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:11 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

... then please let me know next time you visit & we can meet up!

grahame s
OK, but it would be simpler if you went on the Germany forum- It's not often that I look in the Welcome Inn!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
OK, but it would be simpler if you went on the Germany forum- It's not often that I look in the Welcome Inn!
then I will meet you there!

grahame s
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:27 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

yes,, Potsdam & Berlin are great places to be with a camera!
If you ever visit then I'll be glad to show you around

grahame s

Thanks Grahame.

Dread - x