Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Oklahoma

Greetings from Oklahoma

Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Cigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really niceCigi is just really nice
Default Greetings from Oklahoma

Hello all

A few details about myself to break the ice before I ask a question in one of the forums.

I was born in Bradford, Yorkshire in the early 1950's. My family moved to Earby, near Colne, Lancashire in November 1963.
After a period of living in Trawden, my wife and I moved to California in 1995. This was only meant to be a temporary move of a year or so but we ended up staying.
We got fed up with the hustle and bustle of the West coast so moved to N.E. Oklahoma in 2004 where we now live with our 3 cats Wilson, Alvin and Tommy.

Whilst we love living here we do intend to move back to the UK upon retirement (in around 8 years) so we have kept a small house there which came to my wife when her father passed away last year.
We have a daughter and 5 grandchildren who live close to the house.

I came across this forum when I started to look for information regarding moving back after such a long period away and look forward to getting to know some of you and perhaps tap into any relevant info you may have.

Regards

Cigi.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 7:12 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Greetings from Oklahoma

Originally Posted by Cigi
Hello all

A few details about myself to break the ice before I ask a question in one of the forums.

I was born in Bradford, Yorkshire in the early 1950's. My family moved to Earby, near Colne, Lancashire in November 1963.
After a period of living in Trawden, my wife and I moved to California in 1995. This was only meant to be a temporary move of a year or so but we ended up staying.
We got fed up with the hustle and bustle of the West coast so moved to N.E. Oklahoma in 2004 where we now live with our 3 cats Wilson, Alvin and Tommy.

Whilst we love living here we do intend to move back to the UK upon retirement (in around 8 years) so we have kept a small house there which came to my wife when her father passed away last year.

I came across this forum when I started to look for information regarding moving back after such a long period away and look forward to getting to know some of you and perhaps tap into any relevant info you may have.

Regards

Cigi.
Hello and Welcome to the Forum Cigi.

We have an extensive and varied bunch of folk here living in or on their way to the States, And just as many returning to the UK from all the corner of the globe for what ever reason. Please check out the Moving back to the UK section or the USA one what ever takes you fancy and if you get any issues do contact one of our Forum Leaders

Again Welcome.....

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 13th 2010 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cigi
Hello all

Regards

Cigi.

Hello and a big Yorkie welcome from me.

We've had several new members recently who originate from various parts of Yorkshire. I'm from South Yorks...Sheffield...although I haven't lived there for a very long time.

Many of us ponder on the decision to move back to the UK as retirement looms closer and closer. Take a look in our Moving Back To The UK forums...you will see loads of threads discussing this very subject. The the Over 50's and 60's thread may be of particular interest to you.

I'm sure you will also be interested in our US Forums. You'll find threads discussing serious topics as well as some not so serious...you will nearly always find the British sarcastic sense of humour creeping in somewhere down the line.

Please contact a mod or admin if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums...we will be pleased to help you.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:12 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I and welcome to you, the family and the cats...from us two and our three cats.