British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Greetings from London slash Manila! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/greetings-london-slash-manila-756412/)

karnivale Apr 27th 2012 8:51 pm

Greetings from London slash Manila!

Hello everyone! I'm a 22 year old Brit/Fil and you can just call me Aki.

My father was an expat, and I myself was actually born in Hong Kong. I grew up in the Philippines, but for the past year, I've been living in London. About to move back to Manila though, but I hope to find a ways to have the best of both continents ;)

dreadsoc Apr 27th 2012 10:45 pm

Re: Greetings from London slash Manila!

Hi Aki

Welcome to BE.

I see you have already found your way to our Far East and Phillipines forums, where you will be in good company on a friendly forum.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and all the very best with your move to Manila - which I am told is a rather lovely part of the world.

Dread - x

bakedbean Apr 29th 2012 7:10 am

Hello Aki and welcome to BE. The 'Peens forum is quite a lively one so you'll be most welcome on there. All the best :thumbup:

Rosemary Apr 29th 2012 1:16 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Sue Apr 30th 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by karnivale (Post 10029178)
Hello everyone! I'm a 22 year old Brit/Fil and you can just call me Aki.

My father was an expat, and I myself was actually born in Hong Kong. I grew up in the Philippines, but for the past year, I've been living in London. About to move back to Manila though, but I hope to find a ways to have the best of both continents ;)

Hi Aki,

Welcome to BE :)

rebecca.hartstrom Apr 30th 2012 5:05 am

Welcome Aki! I have lots of Filipino friends too and they're really nice people. I see that you've been to lots of places already! That's totally cool! Anyway welcome to the forum and hope you find what you're looking for here too. I'm fairly new here myself and I've learned a lot already just reading the threads. Take care! :)