Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Lalaland!

Greetings from Lalaland!

Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice
Default Greetings from Lalaland!

Hello Everyone,
Have been reading these incredible threads for months and getting to know one and all. I can apply almost every topic on MBTTUK to myself and find it almost overwhelming!
Have lived in the US for 30 years!! Been terribly homesick for over 3 years - spent 5 months in the UK and Germany last year (awful time with cousins in England) am now back and really confused. Don't know where I should go.
It's taken me months to post anything here - I feel better already!
I look forward to hearing from everyone I already know.
Tanto
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Lalaland!

Welcome, Tanto. 30 years in Lalaland is certainly an achievement!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:36 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

Hi,I can relate to the homesickness.I sometimes feel it but mostly when i visit the Uk I can't wait to leave again.We chose to relocate in Sweden and love it here although many don't.I think because we are just about 2hrs flight from the Uk and flights are cheap £70 return it's a good balance and of course staying within the EU makes things simple.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

30 years, that's not bad going
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanto
Hello Everyone,
Have been reading these incredible threads for months and getting to know one and all. I can apply almost every topic on MBTTUK to myself and find it almost overwhelming!
Have lived in the US for 30 years!! Been terribly homesick for over 3 years - spent 5 months in the UK and Germany last year (awful time with cousins in England) am now back and really confused. Don't know where I should go.
It's taken me months to post anything here - I feel better already!
I look forward to hearing from everyone I already know.
Tanto
Hello and welcome to BE.

Although I haven't lived in the US as long as you I can relate to your problem. You'll find many like minded Brits in the MBTTUK and US forums.

If you would like to join us in the US forums this is the link.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice
Smile Re: Greetings from Lalaland!

Hello Sally, Bob, Mazz and Jerseygirl!
Lovely to get your welcoming greetings - thank you so much!
Now to work out how to join in on the threads.........
Tanto
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanto
Hello Sally, Bob, Mazz and Jerseygirl!
Lovely to get your welcoming greetings - thank you so much!
Now to work out how to join in on the threads.........
Tanto
If you wish to reply to a post hit the 'Quote' button or 'Quick Reply' button located at the bottom right hand corner of the post. Type your reply in the box then hit 'Submit Reply' below the box.

If you wish to post but not reply to a post...scroll to the bottom of the page...then hit 'New Reply' button at the left hand side of the page. Give me a shout if you need any further help.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:23 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the mad house - situated right in lalaland!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you wish to reply to a post hit the 'Quote' button or 'Quick Reply' button located at the bottom right hand corner of the post. Type your reply in the box then hit 'Submit Reply' below the box.

If you wish to post but not reply to a post...scroll to the bottom of the page...then hit 'New Reply' button at the left hand side of the page. Give me a shout if you need any further help.
Having a practice - hope it works.
Thank you Jerseygirl.
Tanto