Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Greetings everybody

Greetings everybody

Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Mjingram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings everybody

Just wanted to say hi to everybody here. I seem to have developed a compulsion over the last few months to get the hell out of dodge, but finding the byzantine world of Visa's to be quite daunting. Hopefully this site will help make things clear for me.

I think I find the fundamentals of the whole process the most confusing, and the order of events. Do you try to secure employment first, then get a working visa, then accommodation, and finally make the move? Or do you arrive there and then start job hunting? Are there agencies that can find work for you in advance? How difficult is it turning a working visa into a permanent visa? If you succeed in staying in a country long enough, are you eventually granted citizenship?

I'm currently only semi-skilled, with a bachelors in Biomedical Science. Is that enough to get me a permanent Skilled Visa in any country, or do I need to retrain?

I appreciate any answers to these questions, or would love to hear your own stories of emigrating. How difficult did you find it? Did you have help?
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings everybody

Hi, and welcome to BE.

The answers to your questions will depend on the country you wish to move to, each has very different processes.

Where are you interested in?
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:33 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings everybody

Hello and welcome to the forum

As Christmasoompa says, you will need to research whichever country you are interested in. Have a browse around the forum and dip in if you see anything interesting.

If you only speak English, that would narrow it down a bit. You'll find visa sections in some of the more popular country forums on here eg Australia, New Zealand.