going home

Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:49 am
Just Joined

mmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nicemmaz1957 is just really nice
Default going home

Hi i have been in usa for 4 years and 5 months but am thinking of going back to uk as all my kids and grandkids are there, my hubby american even though we love each other he wont move there if i go back anyone now what i have do to thanks, i just need to be near family i can live with one of my daughters but not sure if i need to do anything first thanks x

Last edited by mmaz1957; Apr 6th 2010 at 1:05 am.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going home

Originally Posted by mmaz1957
Hi i have been in usa for 4 years and 5 months but am thinking of going back to uk as all my kids and grandkids are there, my hubby american even though we love each other he wont move there if i go back anyone now what i have do to thanks, i just need to be near family i can live with one of my daughters but not sure if i need to do anything first thanks x
Welcome, welcome, welcome.

If you click here it will direct you to our Moving Back To The UK forum. You may find it interesting to look back through some of the old threads or you may want to join in the chatter...either way I think it will be of interest to you.

Good luck with your decision...I realise it's a difficult one and one many expats have to face.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

jayde is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you, what a difficult place to be. I am sure our choices shouldnt be so hard. It sounds like you are really missing your family.

The moving back forum is really helpful with lots of posts on the things that you need to know, but the emotional stuff, that takes a lot of work. Have you found anyone to really talk to, I think often it needs someone outside the problem to help work through all the options.

Best of luck
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mmaz1957,

Welcome to the site. We've got lots of members who are planning to make the move back to the UK, so you will be among kindred spirits here. In some ways moving back can be more daunting than making the move abroad, so don't worry about feeling nervous and worried, it's very natural. Pop on over to the Moving back to the UK forum, (JerseyGirl has provided the link above) and meet others like yourself who are moving back. You will pick up lots of tips and experiences from them. They are great at helping each other out.

Sue