G'day/Hola

Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Senorita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G'day/Hola

Hey, will be travelling to England, Ireland & Scotland soon, thought I would ask the experts as to what I must see/do other than the obvious.

A little about me, I was born and raised in Australia, Mexican/Puertorican heritage..

gracias...
Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:58 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day/Hola

Hi Senorita

Welcome to BE.

I can give you some great ideas when in England - but it will depend what part of England you will be staying in and for how long as well as how you intend to get around whilst here.
Obvious places are the London sights, Stonehenge in Wiltshire, Lake District in the North, Peak Disrict in the Midlands. Portsmouth has a great deal of seafaring history to see -a trip round the dockyard is a pretty good day out and you could combine that with a trip to the Isle of Wight which has some quaint places.

Enjoy your trip

Dread - x
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks Dread, I will be in London for 2 weeks and a week in Ireland & Scotland respectively.

It is a sudden trip, need to get away i guess lol. looking to stay in the one spot in London that's close to Museums/landmarks, city night life and public transport. I think it may be easier that way although I get tips from everyone with different ideas that it has now somewhat confused me.

I probably have to check out an Olympic event, just to be part of history, even if it is to dressage or archery lol.

really need to do my research prior as to simply focus on enjoying myself for the duration.

I also have to find info on "The Walkabout" as many have mentioned it. should probably google it, but I prefer conversing with others to get info
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:42 am
Just Joined

just realised I'll be visiting before the Olympics even start, so I can scratch that off my list of things to do...
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:40 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again

London has loads to do.
My advice would be to Google London itself and there will be tons of info about all the different things to do and see, with plenty of info on each. There is also loads of nightlife, which includes some grat shows in the West End, as well as live music gigs just about all over the place. Check out what live gigs are on at the O2 as that seems to be the main place - but if you want something really raw, there will be billboards all over London advertising gigs.
You can buy a street map at any train station. Getting around is best by tube (underground rail) and you can get a day pass that lets you travel anywhere.
For a day out of the city, I would definitely recommend a trip down to Portsmouth - it is an hour and 15 mins from London Waterloo train station to Portsmouth Harbour. Next to the rail station is the Spinnaker Tower which is worth going up, as well as the HMS Victory and Henry v111 Warrior and the Mary Rose which was brought up from the sea bed - The dockyard is a really nice experience. Not far along is a lovely coastline on Southsea Common, and between the two there is a very good designer clothing factory outlet to get some bargains.
You can do the London sights by the open top red bus which shows you the main ones. Just ask for the nearest booking place at the place you are staying.
The London Dungeon is quite fun, and the museums are not bad if you get a rainy day.
Check out some of the parks and commons on a sunny day - you can rent pedal cycles and it is a lovely chilled out day.

That's for starters. If I think of any more I will pop them on here.

Have a Google on London and see what you like - and any questions let me know

Dread - x
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary