Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Found you all!

Found you all!

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

IrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really nice
Default Found you all!

Was searching for Cornish Pasties online and came across this website! Love it.
I was born in Ireland in County Kerry and married an American. We have lived here for quite a number of years now on the East coast, and I love it.

IrishRose
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found you all!

Originally Posted by IrishRose
Was searching for Cornish Pasties online and came across this website! Love it.
I was born in Ireland in County Kerry and married an American. We have lived here for quite a number of years now on the East coast, and I love it.

IrishRose
Yes you have...it's your lucky day and ours. It's very nice to meet you IrishRose...a very warm welcome to BE.

I'm in New Jersey...where on the east coast are you? There are quite a few of us who live up and down the east coast.

I notice you're finding your feet and have already posting in the US Forums but should you require any assistance finding your way around the site we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

IrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes you have...it's your lucky day and ours. It's very nice to meet you IrishRose...a very warm welcome to BE.

I'm in New Jersey...where on the east coast are you? There are quite a few of us who live up and down the east coast.

I notice you're finding your feet and have already posting in the US Forums but should you require any assistance finding your way around the site we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I am in VA in the Mountains, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's a bit like Scotalnd and Wales combined here, love it.

We are heading to Canada along the coast line next year and I am searching for fish and chip shops and cornish pasties.

Yeah.....I miss those from the UK.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:11 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, enjoy the madness, ignore the trolls, accept that in life there are those you disagree with, those you like and that this is only a web site not real life and you'll get on famously!.

Enjoy BE and Welcome
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishRose
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I am in VA in the Mountains, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's a bit like Scotalnd and Wales combined here, love it.

We are heading to Canada along the coast line next year and I am searching for fish and chip shops and cornish pasties.

Yeah.....I miss those from the UK.
I don't know about the east coast of Canada but there are certainly fish and chip shops in Toronto and in NYC.

If you click here it will take you to The Recipe Thread in The Lounge Forum...there are recipes in there for Cornish Pasties.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi IrishRose,

Welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. We've got a fab group of members here and I'm sure you will fit right in.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi IrishRose! I'm glad that you like it in the US. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:49 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Irish Rose

Glad to see you are finding your feet in the US forum.
This may sound like a very bizarre suggestion, but we have a trucking forum on here. You will find it on the main forum index page, scroll down until you see a section entitled 'working abroad by profesion' and then double click on trucking below that.
It may be worth posting a question on there about whether there are fish and chip shops and cornish pasty sellers on the route you plan to travel - if anyone is going to know what is along that route grub wise, it will be an expat lorry driver !!

In the meantime welcome to BE and hope you have lots of fun on here

Dread - x
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Irish Rose

Glad to see you are finding your feet in the US forum.
This may sound like a very bizarre suggestion, but we have a trucking forum on here. You will find it on the main forum index page, scroll down until you see a section entitled 'working abroad by profesion' and then double click on trucking below that.
It may be worth posting a question on there about whether there are fish and chip shops and cornish pasty sellers on the route you plan to travel - if anyone is going to know what is along that route grub wise, it will be an expat lorry driver !!

In the meantime welcome to BE and hope you have lots of fun on here

Dread - x
Thank you everyone!