Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

First timer looking to move to LA

First timer looking to move to LA

Old May 27th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

chask is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First timer looking to move to LA

Hello, my wife and I live in London (me for 10 years and my wife for 5) and are currently going through the I-130 process for a US spouse visa. I'm a dual-national, UKC and USC, and my wife is a Malaysian citizen here on HSW visa.

We've found the forums here extremely helpful and decided to post our experience too. We'd like to move to LA. We both have prospects in LA, so we're just waiting for the visa to come through before we can move (fingers x'd!!!).

Last edited by chask; May 27th 2011 at 11:51 am. Reason: needed to modify
Old May 27th 2011, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first timer

Originally Posted by chask
Hello, my wife and I live in London (me for 10 years and my wife for 5) and are currently going through the I-130 process for a US spouse visa. I'm a dual-national, UKC and USC, and my wife is a Malaysian citizen here on HSW visa.

We've found the forums here extremely helpful and decided to post our experience too. We'd like to move to LA. We both have prospects in LA, so we're just waiting for the visa to come through before we can move (fingers x'd!!!).

Hello and welcome to the site.

I see you have already started to post in our Marriage Based Visa Forums. We have lots of knowledgeable members who post in that forum...they will help guide you and your wife through the process. I suggest you take a look in the BE Wiki...there's lots of info in there. Please take a little time to read through the stickied threads posted at the top of the forum's index page. You may also like to take a look around the US Forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first timer

Hi and a big BE welcome from Spain. The members on BE are very friendly and helpful so enjoy your reading and posting.

Rosemary
Old May 27th 2011, 2:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First timer looking to move to LA

Hi Chask,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our little community.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE!

Good luck with the move
Old May 27th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

docholywood will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, I am too looking at a move to LA however it is with the same company, so slightly different circumstances. Good luck with your move and let us know how you get on!

Hopefully I learn from your experiences!

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone, thanks so much for the info and the helpful advice! Sorry for delays in re-posting, we've been enjoying the California-like weather we've been having here in London (I hope that hasn't jinxed us)!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by docholywood
Hey guys, I am too looking at a move to LA however it is with the same company, so slightly different circumstances. Good luck with your move and let us know how you get on!

Hopefully I learn from your experiences!

Cali bound as well, excellent! When were you planning to move? Been going through I-130 process since end Dec. We were hoping to be there by end June, but looks like we will have to wait a bit longer. Bummer...
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:23 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chask

Hi, there are a few of us on here who have done the move to LA so post any questions you have in the US section and I'm sure someone will be able to answer anything you can throw at us.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the land of fruits, nuts and flakes
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and best of luck in your planning!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

docholywood will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N1cky
Hi, there are a few of us on here who have done the move to LA so post any questions you have in the US section and I'm sure someone will be able to answer anything you can throw at us.
Its up in the air at the moment due to current commitments in the office but looking like October....AAAAAAAGESS away!