First Post / Introduction

First Post / Introduction

Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:16 am
Just Joined

LotusLeodis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Post / Introduction

Hi, there,

Hope this post is in the right place.

I am a Canadian - Brit who is sponsoring my UK spouse Outland (we are both in the UK).

Spouse came to Canada on a Working Holiday Visa in the 90s. I had planned to go to the the UK on a working holiday visa after university and was granted one when we met in Canada by accident. I came to the UK and eventually, we got married. Wedidn't leave Europe - moved around, before coming back to the UK: life went in a different direction, as I thought we'd only be gone from Canada for a couple of years and now it's been over twenty!

We always said we would go back to Canada and we are ready now. Well, ready to wait, it would seem, as coronavirus is delaying IRCC / CIC processes by significant timescales.

If we don't get approved or something changes, I guess there is still the Republic of Ireland, as an option.

LL

Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Post / Introduction

Hi LL, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to BE

We have a good Canada immigration sub-forum here https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi...hip-canada-33/ so if you have any questions at all about the spouse sponsorship process, feel free to ask our friendly members there.

Fingers crossed that the pandemic won't put your plans too far behind, best of luck with it all.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:53 am
Just Joined

LotusLeodis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Post / Introduction

Thanks very much!

So far, no questions, other than how to find patience. )

Going back seems a bit of a ways off.