Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Firefighter transfer to Canada?

Firefighter transfer to Canada?

Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

LFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really niceLFC1 is just really nice
Default Firefighter transfer to Canada?

Hi all
I am a Canadian Citizen I have just sold my house in the UK & really want to make the move to Canada (anywhere!) I have 14 years Firefighting experience with NFPA qualifications as I work for the DND in the UK.

I don't want to leap without a job & a family to support- does anyone know of any transfers available?
Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firefighter transfer to Canada?

Originally Posted by LFC1
Hi all
I am a Canadian Citizen I have just sold my house in the UK & really want to make the move to Canada (anywhere!) I have 14 years Firefighting experience with NFPA qualifications as I work for the DND in the UK.

I don't want to leap without a job & a family to support- does anyone know of any transfers available?
Thanks for any advice!
Hi and welcome to BE. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

I'm sorry I can't help you with firefighting jobs in Canada because I live in the US but if you click on this link it will direct you to our main Canada forum. We have a lively bunch of members posting in the Canada forums...so if you could please repost your questions there you'll probably get several helpful replies.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be pleased to help you find your way around.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:43 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks for any advice!

Hi LFC1

Welcome to BE.
There is a forum on this site dedicted to Canada and I would echo the suggestion of getting on there and posting your question. You will find it on the site Forum Index page, just double click on Canada to get in. Once in the forum, click on 'new thread' and ask your question. I have no doubt there will be someone on there who will know the answer or point you to where you can find it.
You will also find loads of useful tips and info on that forum to help your move go smoothly.
If you have any further questions regarding navigating the site post back on here and myself or one of the other concierges will help you find your way around.

Good luck, and enjoy your time on BE.

Dread - x
Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:01 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks for any advice!
Welcome to BE. As has been suggested, re-post you question in the 'Canada' forum. There are a few folks there who can help. In the UK your work for the MOD as a civvi? If you are military there may be ops for secondment or a transfer.

Presumably you have been here http://www.dndjobs.forces.gc.ca/work...mpiers-eng.asp

You could also try airfield fire services.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:48 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Also how about factory fire crews. Sometimes larger factories have a small unit to try and tackle smaller blazes or they are a first call until the municipal fire fighters arrive.

Any how good luck with your plans and welcome to the Expats forum.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks for any advice!
Hi,

I see you found your way to the Canada forum ok. I can't help with your question, but just wanted to drop into your thread to say hi and to welcome you to our community. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Please let me know if you have any site issues or feedback.

Sue