Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Finally joined! Now moving Back.

Finally joined! Now moving Back.

Old Oct 12th 2019, 12:44 pm
ATL
Just Joined

ATL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally joined! Now moving Back.

After living in the USA from 1991 to now, I've finally joined this community! I'll be moving back to the UK probably in about 6 months' time. After all this time it feels just as much of a leap into the unknown as it was when I moved over here 28 years ago. I don't know where to start. Well ok, I do - my passport. I have even found that to be incredibly daunting as they've got me down for applying as a first timer, even though I've already had two British passports in my life. I've perused the Moving Back Wiki. I don't know what to do with any of my stuff. The company I work for isn't going to pay moving expenses.

Completely overwhelmed! Joined for guidance, once I've looked for answers here that others have inevitably asked before me. (I wonder if there's a 'moving back' checklist, aside from the Wiki?!

About me? Female, older. Hobbies: playing in a band (which I'll miss when I leave), plus another really specific ultra distance sport. I'll miss so much about the US but I don't want to use that as a reason not to go - that is, I want to replicate/replace those things with new adventures. I do have US citizenship so I should be able to come back if it's a disaster.

Last edited by ATL; Oct 12th 2019 at 1:01 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 7:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally joined! Now moving Back.

Welcome to BE.

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the forum rules. https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page.

We do have a specific 'Moving Back to the UK' forum and specific questions are best asked there. https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/.