Reload this Page >

Experiences living in Nelson

Experiences living in Nelson

Old Mar 31st 2018, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Nattythistle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experiences living in Nelson

Hello everyone,

I've been reading a few threads from 2011/2012 from people thinking about/living in Nelson. Can anyone give me some insight as to what it is like to live there? I visited NZ 10 years ago and loved Nelson then!

I am a nurse and hubby is a tree surgeon, we have a baby too. So hoping there are some good schools. Also been looking at houses and I am impressed with what I've seen so far.

Hope some people can help!

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1st 2018, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiences living in Nelson

HI and welcome to BE

Seeking a new place to call home and have decided on NZ. Sounds like an adventure. Our lovely administrator is in NZ.

Please have a read of our site rules before posting Site Rules | British Expatriate Community in our New Zealand forum where the lovely members there will be happy to answer your questions and suggest ways to make things happen for you http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/. The forum has a citizens and immigration forum as well for answers to your questions regarding the immigrating process.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

JEM999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I look forward to hearing what replies come back for you as Nelson was one of the locations my husband and I have been looking at! Best of luck � ����
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nattythistle
Hello everyone,

I've been reading a few threads from 2011/2012 from people thinking about/living in Nelson. Can anyone give me some insight as to what it is like to live there? I visited NZ 10 years ago and loved Nelson then!

I am a nurse and hubby is a tree surgeon, we have a baby too. So hoping there are some good schools. Also been looking at houses and I am impressed with what I've seen so far.

Hope some people can help!

Thanks in advance!
I dont live in Nelson, but my daughter, husband and 5 year old boy have lived there for around 10 years and enjoy it. I visit them at least once a year and it hasnt changed in the last 10 years, and probably wont change in tne next 10 years either ! As with everywhere, it depends what you are looking for. I enjoy it on vacation, but couldnt handle living there , as although I like quiet places, I find Nelson to be too quiet, and cut off from the rest of NZ. Like most places in NZ, house prices are high for what you get. One fact I find interesting with respect to schooling is that I understand homeschooling is fairly common in NZ, but the highest percentage of children being educated in this way , are in Nelson (??) Good luck to you with your plans!
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure BEVS, site administrator, will be along shortly as she lives in Nelson.

What visa do you have?
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 6:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Did my ears burn?

Yup. Been living in the Nelson and Tasman region these past 14 years.

As this is the Welcome Inn and so just a place for initial intros , come on down to the New Zealand forum and start a conversation in there .