British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Everyone is equal in Baracks world they say (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/everyone-equal-baracks-world-they-say-760788/)

will101 Jun 6th 2012 1:24 am

Everyone is equal in Baracks world they say

Hey im a new meber i guess,well a little about my story i fell in love over the world of the net to a american citizen visited in december and again in march entered into a civil partnership whilst visiting in march,Arranged to fly back in may but this time was refused entry on the esta program after 8 hours in screening room and made to feel like crao was flew back home on the next available flight so im stuck here hes stuck there and yet the visa process does not recognise civil partnerships through the K apllication which is spouse and fiancee VISAs also dont qualify for Green card either cos of the same sex thing

Sally Redux Jun 6th 2012 1:32 am

Re: Everyone is equal in barracks world they say

Just worked out what your thread title is supposed to mean :lol: Talk about eats shoots and leaves.

kimilseung Jun 6th 2012 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 10102521)
Just worked out what your thread title is supposed to mean :lol: Talk about eats shoots and leaves.

It took your post to make me read it again, and get it. I thought it was something to do with don't ask don't tell.

bakedbean Jun 6th 2012 7:39 am

Geez... this is year 2012 right? Any chance he could join you where you are?

will101 Jun 6th 2012 8:52 am

Yes he could if he wasnt currently in a jail house awaiting trial which is today for commiting a crime as a rebound of me being refused entry took itin a bad way but thanks all the same

bakedbean Jun 6th 2012 12:38 pm

oh dear... fingers crossed everything gets sorted for you both. Chin up.

Sue Jun 6th 2012 6:27 pm

Hi will101,

Welcome to BE. If you haven't done so already check out our USA forums. I know we have other same sex couples that post on that forum.

Oh, and congrats on you your marriage. :)

Rosemary Jun 7th 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Everyone is equal in Baracks world they say

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary