Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Englishman in Denmark - Looking for a new move

Englishman in Denmark - Looking for a new move

Old Apr 8th 2013, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Steveindenmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Englishman in Denmark - Looking for a new move

I am Steve and I live in Denmark with my Danish girlfriend Jannie. I am originally from East Yorkshire but I escaped from there when I was 16 and have not been back very much. I have lived in Denmark for 10 years and find it a lovely place to live except it gets very cold in the Winter.

We are both in our 50s, act like 20s, which averages us out to about 35.

When we go on our travels, which is quite often, we are always asking each other if we would retire there. At the end of April it is Sicilys turn to be judged, as we are visiting there for a week.

We have visited quite a few forums like this one and what always strikes me is that all the Brits compare the places that they have moved to, to the UK. Usually the UK comes out on top. It does beg the question "Why did they move in the first place".

We live a basic lifestyle and the older we get the less we need. If we can get up and it is warm and sunny so we can have breakfast on the terrace, potter in the garden and find some lunch and have a ride on the cycles, we are quite happy.

We are not great socalites and have close circle of motorbiking friends, which is why Sicily is off to a good start. The fact that we ride a Moto Guzzi california, also helps. We have visited Italy on several occasions mostly by motorbike, but this is our first visit to Sicily. The fact that the sea and mountains are so close together is appealing.

But nothing is set in stone and we are looking forward to the adventure. If anyone on here is not too far from San Viti Lo Capo and want to meet up for a coffee and a chat, we will have a car with us, so drop us a line.

Steve

Last edited by Steveindenmark; Apr 8th 2013 at 1:42 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 1:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Englishman in Denmark - Looking for a new move

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum . Hope you have fun in Sicily and hope you choose a good retirement place eventually.

cheers,
bakedbean
Retired in Malaysia
Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:26 am
Just Joined

CelticBiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve,
did you use to be a DJ at all over in Jutland in about 1984-1985?
I met a guy and his Danish girlfriend who were also into bikes back when I was just learning to ride.
Tim
Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:01 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi celticbiker and welcome to the forum . Not sure if Steve will answer you as, as you can see he hasn't posted on here for almost a year.

Are you in Denmark? Why don't you check out the Europe section of the forum.