Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Eek, KL here we come...! London to KL

Eek, KL here we come...! London to KL

Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all
Default Eek, KL here we come...! London to KL

Hi - can't believe I'm the third new joiner today! What a relief it looks like many, many people have done all this before... and what a great community spirit there seems to be on this site!

My husband and I are moving from London to KL in February for his new job and we're only at the very start of thinking about what needs doing by when etc.

We're so excited but have only lived abroad for short stints during/post-uni etc... I imagine this will be a whole new ballgame.

Great to have found this site... it looks like there's already a wealth of helpful info... I look forward to "meeting" many of you!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 11:41 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eek, KL here we come...!

Originally Posted by LivKL
Hi - can't believe I'm the third new joiner today! What a relief it looks like many, many people have done all this before... and what a great community spirit there seems to be on this site!

My husband and I are moving from London to KL in February for his new job and we're only at the very start of thinking about what needs doing by when etc.

We're so excited but have only lived abroad for short stints during/post-uni etc... I imagine this will be a whole new ballgame.

Great to have found this site... it looks like there's already a wealth of helpful info... I look forward to "meeting" many of you!
Hi LivKL and welcome to B.E.

I see that you have found your way around so I'll just say welcome to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including the Far East can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Enjoy B.E.

Alistair.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eek, KL here we come...! London to KL

Hello and welcome aboard.

We have several members living in KL...so you'll should get loads of help from the people who post in the Far East forums.

To help guide you around the forums we have a team of concierges...the concierges for the Far East Forums are bakedbean and nonthaburi...they will be pleased to help you find your way around the site.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. We do not have a dedicated mod for the FE forums...therefore if you need assistance please contact a mod from this list....the moderators' names are printed in bold print.

Please give me a shout if you need help with anything. Good luck with the move.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say Hi again. I think you're finding your way around the forum OK, but if you have any problems, just shout. I see one of our regular KL posters has given you some good advice already all the best with your plans.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all

Hi Alistair, Jerseygirl and bakedbean - thanks for your replies! A lot is becoming immediately clearer... I suspect I'll be on BE a lot over the coming months! : )
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alistair, Jerseygirl and bakedbean - thanks for your replies! A lot is becoming immediately clearer... I suspect I'll be on BE a lot over the coming months! : )
Not only will you find the forums a great resource for information...you will also find our members are very supportive. It's a lifesaver to be able to log on here and 'chat' to fellow Brits when you're feeling homesick. One of the things many of us miss the most is the British sarcastic sense of humour. You'll find that plentiful on here...whether you miss it or not.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

I'll definitely look forward to that!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary