Reload this Page >

E2 Visa - Having children!

E2 Visa - Having children!

Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Jackson87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa - Having children!

Hi All,

I'm in the process of applying for an E2 visa.

One of many questions that I have is that, we would like to grow our family, and I just wanted to know what the situation would be if we were to have a child whilst in the U.S. We already have a 2.5 yr old. Obviously I know that it would by no means give us any sort of permanent residency but would the child become a US citizen etc?

Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa - Having children!

Welcome to BE.

Any child born in the United States receives US citizenship at birth unless their parents possess diplomatic immunity.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackson87
Hi All,

I'm in the process of applying for an E2 visa.

One of many questions that I have is that, we would like to grow our family, and I just wanted to know what the situation would be if we were to have a child whilst in the U.S. We already have a 2.5 yr old. Obviously I know that it would by no means give us any sort of permanent residency but would the child become a US citizen etc?

Thank you for your help.
Just checking, but you're aware that your child will 'age out' on that visa? Do you have a Plan B? Just that it would be incredibly tough for a child that's lived in the US for the majority of their life and doesn't really know anything else to not be able to stay once they get older. It's not a visa route that's usually recommended for families for that reason.

Pop over to the US section of the forum and the good folks there wil help you out with your questions, good luck.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Jackson87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you for both replies. Yes, I'm aware that it will age out. We will apply for EB5 visa at the same time we renew the E2 visa (obviously we have to get it granted first) but at this stage the E2 works for us.

Kind regards
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackson87
Hi,

Thank you for both replies. Yes, I'm aware that it will age out. We will apply for EB5 visa at the same time we renew the E2 visa (obviously we have to get it granted first) but at this stage the E2 works for us.

Kind regards
Ah, good Plan B!

Best of luck.