Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

The dream is to one day move to Australia!

The dream is to one day move to Australia!

Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Ambitious Scot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The dream is to one day move to Australia!

Hey everyone
I thought i'd join this forum so I could get to know those who are in the process/currently living in Australia

I'm only 22 at the moment and have a long way away before I probably would even begin to qualify to emigrate but it doesn't harm dreaming, does it?

Anyway, I'm currently working in Retail (sigh) although I have a degree in Media Production. Again, I know this isn't anything that would help me with the emigration side of things though.

Enough of the negativity anyway, looking forward to lurking and the ocassional post or two (or three! )
Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dream is to one day move to Australia!

Originally Posted by Ambitious Scot
Hey everyone
I thought i'd join this forum so I could get to know those who are in the process/currently living in Australia

I'm only 22 at the moment and have a long way away before I probably would even begin to qualify to emigrate but it doesn't harm dreaming, does it?

Anyway, I'm currently working in Retail (sigh) although I have a degree in Media Production. Again, I know this isn't anything that would help me with the emigration side of things though.

Enough of the negativity anyway, looking forward to lurking and the ocassional post or two (or three! )
Hi and welcome to BE

At 22 you would be able to use the working holiday visa to live and work in Oz for up to 2 years if you satisfy the criteria for the second year. Other than that, you may need to consider a career change to be able to move under a skilled visa (unless you find an Aussie partner first )
Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Ambitious Scot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi and welcome to BE

At 22 you would be able to use the working holiday visa to live and work in Oz for up to 2 years if you satisfy the criteria for the second year. Other than that, you may need to consider a career change to be able to move under a skilled visa (unless you find an Aussie partner first )
Hey there, really nice to meet you
You know I was seriously considering doing that route ; I have some very good friends who live in NSW who I would need to speak to really nicely if I did decide to do that.

Career change wise ; it's something that's been on the table for a wee while now
Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ambitious Scot
Hey there, really nice to meet you
You know I was seriously considering doing that route ; I have some very good friends who live in NSW who I would need to speak to really nicely if I did decide to do that.

Career change wise ; it's something that's been on the table for a wee while now
Well good luck with the research - pop into the Australian forums for more info and advice