Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Dordogne - Mosquitos?

Dordogne - Mosquitos?

Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

rosearthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dordogne - Mosquitos?

We are researching moving to the Dordogne, France. I see in a lot of the property photos there are mozzie nets over the beds. We can't stand the blighters, so any advise on best/worst areas in the Dordogne, would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:15 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dordogne - Mosquitos?

Hi there and welcome to the forum .

I see you've already been posting in the France section and that's the best place for you to get answers to any questions specific to France.

All the best with your plans
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi rosearthur,

I'm not in France, but I wanted to pop by and welcome you to BE!!

I hope you enjoy your time with us.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the presence of water, there will be mosquitoes in the Dordogne area, but French pharmacies have excellent and efficient protections against their bites

What is a real concern is the progression of the Tiger Mosquito originated from Asia which entered France from Italy and is now present in all the Mediterranean shore area ranging from the Alpes Maritimes ( Nice, Cannes, etc. ) to the Languedoc Roussillon ( Cap d'Agde, Collioure, etc. ) and progresses upwards with the last sightings in the Lot & Garonne.

So do keep your eyes peeled...

Here is a link with more infos on this little black & white devil :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_tiger_mosquito

Karim