British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   decided to move to the usa! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/decided-move-usa-696885/)

wurbl Dec 14th 2010 9:42 am

decided to move to the usa!

hi, i am the US citizen, my wife is brit with irish citizenship as well. we were married in the US oct. 28 and i am currently in the UK til jan 11. we have decided to move to the US and now the fun begins. we are doing lots of research (and getting more confused in the process). i wanted to just say hello before i hop in and start asking questions.

Sherlock Holmes Dec 14th 2010 10:28 am

Re: decided to move to the usa!

Hi there and welcome to B.E. :)

It's my pleasure to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including the USA can be found here.

I see that you have already found your way around but, any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.

Jerseygirl Dec 14th 2010 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by wurbl (Post 9039487)
hi, i am the US citizen, my wife is brit with irish citizenship as well. we were married in the US oct. 28 and i am currently in the UK til jan 11. we have decided to move to the US and now the fun begins. we are doing lots of research (and getting more confused in the process). i wanted to just say hello before i hop in and start asking questions.

Hi there and welcome to BE. :)

I know the immigration process can be very confusing...but you've come to the right place to be 'de-confused'. :D I see you've already posted in our US Marriage Based Visa forum...the people who post in that forum will help guide you through the process. Please post any questions you have about the actual immigration process in that forum. Please take a look in the BE Wiki...there's loads of relevant information in there and read any notices that are may be posted at the top of each forum. Questions about life in the US should be posted in the main US Forum ...The Trailer Park Forum is for general chit chat.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. :)

Bob Dec 14th 2010 8:49 pm

Welcome to BE

Read up on the consular processing in the wiki and in the immigration forums, though if you've only just started the process you might have left it a bit to late to take full advantage of residing in the UK...though have you gotten your UK citizenship as well? :)

meauxna Dec 14th 2010 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by wurbl (Post 9039487)

Hi there.. please read this to de-confuse yourselves: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/CR-1
That gives the outline for applying for the correct visa for your wife.

Kaffy Mintcake Dec 14th 2010 11:29 pm

Hello and welcome to BE! I look forward to getting to know you through your posts. :)