Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Crazy Yorkshireman moves to Abu Dhabi

Crazy Yorkshireman moves to Abu Dhabi

Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice
Smile Crazy Yorkshireman moves to Abu Dhabi

I know I know, it's hardly headline news!!

I'm Andy from South Yorkshire and as you'll no doubt have gathered I've just moved to Abu Dhabi.
I only recently discovered this site and I'm delighted (and very grateful) for the help I've got from it!
So anyways, I've literally just arrived here and managed to get my accommodation sorted, alright it ain't the Ritz but my wife isn't joining me until late January so small and clean were my only requirements!!!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction and say hello! If there are any newbies who fancy a meet up, or even some established folk who know where to get the cheapest pint of beer then please get in touch. I can talk about most things and I have sooooo many hobbies that I'm sure we'll be able to find common ground!

Andy
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy Yorkshireman moves to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Millemonkey
I know I know, it's hardly headline news!!

I'm Andy from South Yorkshire and as you'll no doubt have gathered I've just moved to Abu Dhabi.
I only recently discovered this site and I'm delighted (and very grateful) for the help I've got from it!
So anyways, I've literally just arrived here and managed to get my accommodation sorted, alright it ain't the Ritz but my wife isn't joining me until late January so small and clean were my only requirements!!!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction and say hello! If there are any newbies who fancy a meet up, or even some established folk who know where to get the cheapest pint of beer then please get in touch. I can talk about most things and I have sooooo many hobbies that I'm sure we'll be able to find common ground!

Andy
Aye up and welcome to BE fellow South Yorkie.

I'm originally from Sheffield...where are you?

I see you've already started posting in our Middle East forums...why don't you post in this thread and say hello? The regulars who post in our ME forums are a friendly, lively bunch of folk...I'm sure you'll pick up a friend or two along the way.

We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if I can be of any further help
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

Welcome to BE, I think you are going to fit in very well here

Jerseygirl has covered all the bases in her post, so don't forget to give any of us a shout if you get stuck on anything on the site. In the meantime I hope you enjoy getting to know everyone in the ME forum.

Sue
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

Thank you both for the kind welcome!!
Jerseygirl, just down the Parkway from you then!! I'm from Rotherham!!!
Sue, I will and thanks again!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millemonkey
Thank you both for the kind welcome!!
Jerseygirl, just down the Parkway from you then!! I'm from Rotherham!!!
Sue, I will and thanks again!
Well I'll go to our house...I lived on the Rotherham side of Sheffield.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:21 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy

Glad to see you are finding your feet on our Middle Eaat forum, I'm sure it won't be long before you find some buddies to link up with.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck in Abu Dhabi. Hope you took your suntan lotion 'cos it's sure hiotter there than the UK right now !!

Dread - x
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Andy

Glad to see you are finding your feet on our Middle Eaat forum, I'm sure it won't be long before you find some buddies to link up with.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck in Abu Dhabi. Hope you took your suntan lotion 'cos it's sure hiotter there than the UK right now !!

Dread - x
Hi Dread, thank you! It's going to take some getting used to. It's been a while since I've seen as much as half a day of sun lol!!!