Cost of living, especially accommodation, in Abu Dhabi

Cost of living, especially accommodation, in Abu Dhabi

Old Feb 21st 2015, 2:32 pm
ESL
Just Joined

ESL is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Cost of living, especially accommodation, in Abu Dhabi

Hi guys!

So everyone seems to be saying that the move to AD isn't so great because, although I've been offered a better salary than I ever thought I could get, the cost of living is considerable.

What would be the best solution on accommodation? What is the best kind of price I can get away with if I want to have my own place?

Do expats do flat sharing? Where is the best place to look for an apartment?

Could anyone give me an idea about other unexpectedly high outgoings I should look out for?

Also, does anyone know how to start a new thread without always coming to the Welcome Inn, I've been looking but I can't find any obvious buttons for "New Thread" - only in the Welcome Inn.

I want to save as much as possible, of course!

I love this forum!

Last edited by ESL; Feb 21st 2015 at 2:38 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 6:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living, especially accommodation, in Abu Dhabi

have a look here: Middle East - British Expats

to make a new thread on the left hand side opposite the page number details you will find the button
Old Feb 21st 2015, 6:31 pm
ESL
Just Joined

ESL is an unknown quantity at this point

Great!

On the left hand side of any page? I still can't see the button. What am I looking for New Post, or New Thread?
Old Feb 21st 2015, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
Great!

On the left hand side of any page? I still can't see the button. What am I looking for New Post, or New Thread?
New thread, it's in exactly the same place in every forum so I'm not sure how you can't see it if you can find it in the Welcome Inn?! Just go to the forum you wish to post in, look top left and it'll be as in the Welcome Inn - same place, and same blue button.

You could also have looked in the FAQ - British Expats - FAQ: BritishExpats.com FAQ

HTH.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 7:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
Great!

you need to be in the forum page that lists all the threads not in an existing thread\\its new thread