Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Considering moving to Canada

Considering moving to Canada

Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Squiggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering moving to Canada

Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself though at the moment I'm just looking to read things on here to get more information.

I'm thinking of going to Canada because it basically seems to be more the kind of country that I want to live in. Life in the UK does not offer much of a future, and I'm not looking at Canada with rose-tinted specs but I do think it will be a better place to live. I have lived in Canada before, when I studied in Ontario in 2009 near to St Catharines, so I at least know something about somewhere. At the moment I'm thinking I may well head back there as there are lots of towns around that area where I can look for work.

None of this will happen for a while though because I want to save up some funds. I will try for the IEC route but if I don't get selected then I'll have to try something else.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this board!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering moving to Canada

Welcome to BE.

We have several excellent forums covering all aspects of life in The Great White North. Follow the link below and it will take you to the main index page of the Canada forums.

Canada - British Expats

Please give me a shout should you run into any site related problems.

Good luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

geoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.
I moved from UK to Burlington Ontario which is about 45 km from St Catharines.
What is your area of work? Finding work is the first step in the immigration process.
When we know more about you I am sure there are people on the forum who can offer advice.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and another welcome to BE.

I know St. Catharines. In-laws live only 45 minutes from there. Lovely area. Good luck with your quest.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 9:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geoff52
Finding work is the first step in the immigration process.
It's not for the OP - she's looking at an IEC visa, so no job offer is needed.

OP, best of luck with your move, see you in the Canada forums sometime!