Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

christchurch earthquake

christchurch earthquake

Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

kilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nicekilkenny is just really nice
Default christchurch earthquake

hello all,we are an expat family living in the christchurch area,in a town 25mins drive from chch cbd called rangiora.
we arrived here just over four years ago,with myself,my wife[whos a nurse],and three little girls,while here we've had a new addition a boy[at last].

although we're safe and sound after last weeks quake,and rangiora is generally untouched by the events,we feel it might be time to make a move to aus,two earthquakes in six months is a bit to many for my liking!

nobody knows whats going to happen property wise in chch,it might be impossible to sell,or with rangiora being deemed to be safe,it might be ideal time to sell,who knows? either way adalaide is our choice of destination.

just so i can do a bit of research,which areas in adalaide can offer us,near beaches,30min'ish to cbd,and good schools,,many thanks
any advise,please,danny jones and family
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: christchurch earthquake

Originally Posted by kilkenny
hello all,we are an expat family living in the christchurch area,in a town 25mins drive from chch cbd called rangiora.
we arrived here just over four years ago,with myself,my wife[whos a nurse],and three little girls,while here we've had a new addition a boy[at last].

although we're safe and sound after last weeks quake,and rangiora is generally untouched by the events,we feel it might be time to make a move to aus,two earthquakes in six months is a bit to many for my liking!

nobody knows whats going to happen property wise in chch,it might be impossible to sell,or with rangiora being deemed to be safe,it might be ideal time to sell,who knows? either way adalaide is our choice of destination.

just so i can do a bit of research,which areas in adalaide can offer us,near beaches,30min'ish to cbd,and good schools,,many thanks
Hi...welcome to the site.

I'm pleased to hear that you're safe and sound but I understand that it must be very unsettling. We have an excellent Australia Forum...the people who post in there will give you tips and advice on life in Oz. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Being as you're currently in New Zealand you may want to take a look at our New Zealand Forums. Our NZ members have been a great support for each other during this difficult and uncertain time.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli. The concierges for the NZ forum are MnB and Vitalstatistix.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. The mods for the Australia forums are Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alistairboyle. The mods for the NZ forums are Bevs and Am Loolah.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 26th 2011 at 10:22 pm. Reason: insert NZ info
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:41 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kilkenny

Hi Danny & family... a warm welcome to BE Glad you're safe & sound and can understand your reasons for considering a move after the terrible trauma's of the last 6 months. 'Pop in' to the NZ forum where you'll also be made very welcome.....I'm sure there are other members living in your area
Good luck with your plans and stay safe.
B
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Danny & family... a warm welcome to BE Glad you're safe & sound and can understand your reasons for considering a move after the terrible trauma's of the last 6 months. 'Pop in' to the NZ forum where you'll also be made very welcome.....I'm sure there are other members living in your area
Good luck with your plans and stay safe.
B
Ditto
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi kilkenny,

So pleased you and your family are ok, must have been a terrible shock for you all having to live through that. YOu are among kindred spirits here, we've got a few members who started off in NZ and moved to Aus, so I'm sure you will be able to pick a few brains.

So don't be shy, dive in and start participating, and please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any site questions.

Sue