Reload this Page >

Canada immigration with a conviction

Canada immigration with a conviction

Old Jul 6th 2017, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

emmapenny1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada immigration with a conviction

Hi,
My husband has been offered the opportunity to relocate to nova scotia and the company are going to relocate our family also.
My question is I was arrested when I was 18 for a fight outside a bar where a boy tried to get very grabby with my little sister and when she said no and pushed him away he slapped her so I punched him and a group of both sides started fighting but myself and friend and sister were the ones arrested I know it should never have happened and I wish it hadn't but it did. I was convicted and fined I am waiting for the police pnc to come to see exactly what it was common assault or abh. This happened 16 years ago and I have never been in trouble since.
I am so scared this has messed up my husband's opportunity.
Grateful for any help and advice.
Many thanks
Old Jul 6th 2017, 5:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada immigration with a conviction

Hi and welcome to BE

Sounds like a noble reason for the alteration but Canada is a bit on the fussy side when it comes to criminal convictions.

I suggest that you post this question in our Canadian immigration forum at Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) - British Expats and see what the experts have to say about this.

NS is a nice place to live. Have family there and have been there a few times. Lots of snow in the winters and hurricanes in the summer, so you will have the full gambit of weather.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

emmapenny1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Rete it's so nerve racking x
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

YW, Emma

Good luck to you and hubby on emigrating.