Reload this Page >

9 years Canada.....going home soon I hope

9 years Canada.....going home soon I hope

Old Jun 29th 2017, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

pquick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 9 years Canada.....going home soon I hope

Hi all
My name is Sheila. I have lived in Canada ...Hamilton Ontario for nearly 9 years, and soon I hope to be going back home. Unfortunately I have hated every day here in Canada, and find it as boring as cricket!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 years Canada.....going home soon I hope

Hi and welcome to BE

Well the one day that should not be boring is Saturday, July 1st, which is the 150th Anniversary of Canada. The celebrations on Canada Day should be awe inspiring. No, no, I'm not Canadian. My husband is and I've had the pleasure of attending Canada Day celebrations in the capital city of Ottawa years back.

I see you popped into the Welcome Inn as a second thought after visiting the MBTTUK forum. Just the place for your needs. The lovely folks there can help you with questions you have about moving back.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 5th 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

baltar42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sheila

I'm sorry you feel this way. Moving countries doesn't always work and if you feel that way after 9 years, then perhaps it is best to head back home if that option is open to you.

We moved here a year ago and it hasn't been what I expected either. We're looking into the possibility of moving back but it isn't easy in our case and may take years.

I've moved a lot over the years, Asia, Europe and now Canada, and I'm find that it gets increasingly difficult as the years pass by. What was once an adventure has because a cumbersome task. We get used to doing things a certain way and I've learnt that familiarity and stability - something I took for granted when I was younger - has become increasingly important with age, especially where young children are involved. But at least you tried things out here, and you won't have any "what if" thoughts.

Wishing you all the best in your move back to the UK.