Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

California here we come!

California here we come!

Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

AntMcG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default California here we come!

Hello everyone - Anthony here. New to the Forum and looking forward to learning the ropes and contributing fully to discussions.

In the early days, please accept I may have rather more questions than answers

To your best success,
Anthony
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California here we come!

Welcome to the forums. Not so long ago had an extremely good holiday in California ... I really enjoyed it and look forward to going back

For your questions please have a look around the US forum where I'm sure you will be welcomed
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the welcome and yes - it's exciting at the tender age of 55!

I've posted in the US. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AntMcG
Hello everyone - Anthony here. New to the Forum and looking forward to learning the ropes and contributing fully to discussions.

In the early days, please accept I may have rather more questions than answers

To your best success,
Anthony
Hi there and welcome to the site.

I see you've already started posting in the US forums. We have quite a few members living in California...which area are you moving to?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jersey Girl. It's great to be made so welcome.

We did a trip a couple of weeks ago, looking at all areas from Bodega Bay right down to Santa Barbara, where we have friends and a ready made network.

It was a great trip. We were surprised how cool it can be on the coast (and how hot it can be inland!) So the combination of friends and weather is pointing us to Santa Barbara.

Thanks for the help and the names of the concierges.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bob - everyone is being very helpful and welcoming and I look forward to being the same for other newbies to BE, once I've succeeded in becoming one myself!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:18 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anthony

Just to add welcome to BE.

Have a great adventure.

Dread - x
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anthony! I also wish to welcome you to BE. Glad you found us!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Well, that's pretty opportunistic of you, Janet & Godiva!

We have yet to sell our house here in Exeter, Devon but as you've put yourself forward, could you please give me a quick overview of costs for a typical 3 bed house move to Santa Barbara. We actually intend to sell a lot of what we have before we leave but just to get an average figure from you would be helpful.

I appreciate it can only be an average (or average range) but just getting an idea would be helpful, plus a checklist of activity, if you have one.

Also, do you have storage facilities over there, if we needed them?

Many thanks