Reload this Page >

California girl marrying a UK citizen

California girl marrying a UK citizen

Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:21 am
Just Joined

cher11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default California girl marrying a UK citizen

Hello,
I'm Cher, I'm 47, a Medical Assistant, mother of 4 grown kids, and I've been traveling back and forth between the US and the UK to see my fiancé for almost 5 years. I've been waiting for my divorce in California to become final, which should be end of March 2017. As soon as I get my divorce decree, we plan on my fiancé coming here to California to be married and then apply for a Spousal Visa instead of doing the Fiancé Visa. Our plan is to marry here but return to live in the UK. He has a house in Hadleigh, Suffolk that I've helped decorate and we've made it into a lovely home and have 2 Jack Russells together. We do most of our shopping in Ipswich, Suffolk. He will be fully supporting me and meets all the requirements to sponsor me. I love going to London and Camden Town on day trips. I plan on visiting Scotland and Ireland too. I'd love to hear about other couple's experiences. I love the small village life and culture and I love the people I've come to know in the UK. I'm hoping to make friends with other American expats in the UK.

Last edited by cher11; Nov 21st 2016 at 3:24 am.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 11:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California girl marrying a UK citizen

Hi California Girl and welcome to the world of British Expats.

I see that you will be going the other way 'round. There is a forum online that is for Yanks going to the UK. I don't know the URL but perhaps one of my other co-welcomers does and will post it for you. I searched and found it for you. Here goes: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=68.0

In the interim, why not visit the Returning to the UK forum. Lots of Brits returning home after years spent abroad in various parts of the year. You can gleam lots of insider information on healthcare, etc. and life in various parts of the UK.

You have a lovely adventure ahead of you. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 21st 2016 at 12:01 pm.