Reload this Page >

Brummie biker, now in Denver, CO

Brummie biker, now in Denver, CO

Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:28 am
Just Joined

LostBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brummie biker, now in Denver, CO

Hi all,

I just found the site and thought I would post an intro. I came from Birmingham via Bournemouth and Swindon to Denver, CO in 1993. On my 2nd American wife, and have 2 step-kids, and one daughter from my first marriage.

Into motorcycles in the UK, finally got into them here in the US in 2003. Now a regular cross country rider on a Honda ST1100 but have several bikes in the garage including a couple of older Triumphs. <<<snip>>>

Computer / communications geek by trade, and hobby. <<<snip>>>

I am an atheist, that is tired of the pseudo-theocracy of America, and looking for way to help it become more secular.

I also need to research UK citizenship for my US wife and US-born daughter, so any advice there would be welcomed.

Real ale fan that now enjoys the microbrews of Colorado - an excellent place to be for microbrews!

That'll do for a start.
-- Mark

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 13th 2012 at 8:47 am. Reason: A little spammy for a new member
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:19 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brummie biker, now in Denver, CO

Hi Lostbrit

Be lost no more my biker friend....and welcome to BE.

If you are looking to obtain citizenship for your US wife I would recommend you check out our Moving Back to the UK forum, where there are lots of folks who have undergone the process with American other halves, so they will be able to advise you of all the necessary steps to take.
You will find this forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page, scroll down the listed countries and press on the title, which will then take you in.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

Seems like admins are a little zealous here, how long do I have to be a member to talk about another site, or offer my own advice?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 11:04 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LostBrit

Seems like admins are a little zealous here, how long do I have to be a member to talk about another site, or offer my own advice?

Don;t know about another site I will let someone from a higher admin answer that one ....but to offer advice I say go for it and chuck in your tuppennies...everyone else does
Besides which with the amount of time you have spent in the USA I am sure you will be able to offer those who are new expats plenty of fantastic stuff to help them.

Dread - x
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:51 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LostBrit and welcome to the forum.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 11:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that we don't like people to mention other sites, it's just if one is a new member is difficult for us to tell if that person is sharing helpful info, or just trying to use BE to promote their own stuff. We get targetted by soooo many spammers it's silly.

Anyway welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community. I've driven through Denver a few times on the way to the ski slopes from the airport. So can't say I know Denver too well, but we've enjoyed the scenery of Colorado from the top of the mountains

Also stopped by Buffalo Bills grave. Great views from there of the city.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 5:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mark I usually leave a message if I edit a post...but I didn't have time yesterday and forgot to come back to this thread. As Sue said we get an awful lot of spammers on the forums and they are always coming up with new ways of slipping through our spam filters.

Anyways...hopefully you'll stick around and join us over in the US forums.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

I have admin'd/modded before too, so know about the problems with spam. Which is in part why I was surprised the URL was enough to trigger a manual edit. NP, will probably lurk for a while anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 3:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary