Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

brittany france

brittany france

Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

gucci01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brittany france

hi my husband and I are thinking of moving to Brittany, we would appreciate any advice on an area best suited to us! we want detached with at least 5 acres upwards and suitable for 5 dogs and three horses. my main concern is I would like to be in an equestrian area where I could compete my horse and also have nice safe hacking out. would like to be near an "English" speaking community but not essential but preferable. any recommendations would be great !
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:09 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brittany france

Originally Posted by gucci01
hi my husband and I are thinking of moving to Brittany, we would appreciate any advice on an area best suited to us! we want detached with at least 5 acres upwards and suitable for 5 dogs and three horses. my main concern is I would like to be in an equestrian area where I could compete my horse and also have nice safe hacking out. would like to be near an "English" speaking community but not essential but preferable. any recommendations would be great !
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This section is just for worldwide Introductions - post again on the France forum and you'll get more response! The first thing that springs to mind is your arrival with 8 "pets", and you should check that this is possible without administrative hassle at the Customs. Google "centres équestres - Bretagne" to find a suitable area to start with. And maybe you should talk hectares, rather than acres!
Look forward to seeing you on the France forum!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:58 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This section is just for worldwide Introductions - post again on the France forum and you'll get more response! The first thing that springs to mind is your arrival with 8 "pets", and you should check that this is possible without administrative hassle at the Customs. Google "centres équestres - Bretagne" to find a suitable area to start with. And maybe you should talk hectares, rather than acres!
Look forward to seeing you on the France forum!
Hello again!
http://www.douane.gouv.fr/page.asp?id=46
gives info about dogs and other pets entering France, but there's no mention of horses. A maximum of 5 "specimens" can be brought in without special inspection at the Douane at the port of entry, meaning that you'd have to take into account the extra time to get your 8 animals through...
Hope all this helps, you could do a French forum search (enter "horses"), as the subject of bringing horses into France has come up in the past. Also equestrian centres...