British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   British people in their 20's/30's living in Ottawa??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/british-people-their-20s-30s-living-ottawa-737997/)

ZummerzetZo Nov 6th 2011 1:21 am

British people in their 20's/30's living in Ottawa???

Hi,

I am new to this site. I have lived in Ottawa for 6 years ( I went to college here). I am originally from Somerset. I moved here when I was 20 years old and have met plenty of fellow Brits but I have never met anyone British who is around my age (the ones I have met are all parents of friends and 50 plus). I am almost 26 now and I am living out in Kanata. I would LOVE to meet British people around my age! It would be so refreshing to be able to use British phrases and make reference to British pop culture without people looking at me like I am from a different planet!
I am married to a Canadian and have 2 beautiful babies :)
I am looking for young(ish!) British people in Ottawa (Kanata would be even better) to (hopefully!) be friends with :)

Rosemary Nov 6th 2011 6:17 pm

Re: British people in their 20's/30's living in Ottawa???

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Jerseygirl Nov 6th 2011 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by ZummerzetZo (Post 9717034)
Hi,

I am new to this site. I have lived in Ottawa for 6 years ( I went to college here). I am originally from Somerset. I moved here when I was 20 years old and have met plenty of fellow Brits but I have never met anyone British who is around my age (the ones I have met are all parents of friends and 50 plus). I am almost 26 now and I am living out in Kanata. I would LOVE to meet British people around my age! It would be so refreshing to be able to use British phrases and make reference to British pop culture without people looking at me like I am from a different planet!
I am looking for young(ish!) British people in Ottawa (Kanata would be even better) to (hopefully!) be friends with :)

Hello and welcome to BE.

We have many members living in Ottawa but I'm not sure of their ages. Your best bet is to head on over to our Canada Forums...maybe someone there will be able to help you.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck. :fingerscrossed:

Sue Nov 13th 2011 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ZummerzetZo (Post 9717034)
Hi,

Hi ZummerzetZo,

Welcome to BE.

I hope you are settling in ok and getting to know everyone. If you start posting in our Canada forum I know you will be able to connect with lots and lots of Brits. So get stuck in :D