Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Brit wanting to move to Canada help/advice needed !!!

Brit wanting to move to Canada help/advice needed !!!

Old Apr 28th 2019, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Smudge90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brit wanting to move to Canada help/advice needed !!!

Hi guys, new on here and basically looking for some help/advice or anyone that can point me in the right direction. I'm a marine engineer/mechanical and electrical engineer recently out of the navy now working on gas engines and generators.

My goal is to move over to live and work in Canada, I'm particularly interested in the Newfoundland area. I'm just after any advice anyone can give me, maybe from someone going through it now or who has emigrated in the past, on what sort of things I can do to help me get the ball rolling, how best to go about trying to seek employment etc.

Much appreciated

Ross
Old Apr 28th 2019, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit wanting to move to Canada help/advice needed !!!

Hi Ross and Welcome to BE

Newfoundland, CA ... the place my mother-in-law landed back in the early 1900's and made her home until she married and moved to Montreal. I hear it is a lovely place.

BE has a great Canadian forum, with several sub-forums, and one sub-forum is dedicated solely to immigration issues. It is the perfect place to ask questions and get answers from those that have been there and done that and have lived to tell the tale.

After a read of the forum rules, please have a stroll over the Canadian forum (links below) and have a go.

Again, welcome.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/
Old Apr 28th 2019, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Smudge90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh brilliant, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'm new to forums so was a bit unsure how to go about it but thanks for your help
Old Apr 28th 2019, 7:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome; you'll want to learn the anthem: