back to Italy

Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough
Default back to Italy

Hi Everyone ! My name's Ambra ...sorry, but I'm not a british expat, hope you don't mind .... I've actually been an Italian Expat, living in London ,for almost three years; I got back to Italy last September and I still miss it..I miss that bit of Britishness I was surrounded by..
I 've been reading this forum,for a while, above all the italian thread; and I've really enjoyed it.. so, I 've decided to introduce myself... Cheerio!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: back to Italy

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth
Hi Everyone ! My name's Ambra ...sorry, but I'm not a british expat, hope you don't mind .... I've actually been an Italian Expat, living in London ,for almost three years; I got back to Italy last September and I still miss it..I miss that bit of Britishness I was surrounded by..
I 've been reading this forum,for a while, above all the italian thread; and I've really enjoyed it.. so, I 've decided to introduce myself... Cheerio!

Hello and welcome to BE. You are very welcome to join our cyber community...we have plenty of non Brits that we've adopted ...so you're in good company.

I'm pleased that you've been 'lurking' in the Italy Forums...now you've joined our ranks why don't you join in the fun and start posting?

We have a team of concierges who are assigned to various forum to help people find their way around the forums...the concierge for the Italy forum is TestaRossa.

All other problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator. The moderator for that forum is Lorna...give her a shout if you have any problems or concerns about the Italy forum.

If you are have any problems please give me a shout.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 8th 2011 at 7:48 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jerseygirl!!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ambra,

So pleased that you have registered and diving in. You will love interacting with people on the Italy forum, they truly are a terrific bunch of people and I know you will make some great friends there.

Welcome again
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Who cares where you originate from. You're an expat.
Come on in and join the fun. Have a good browse around the place & Happy Postings..
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:21 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

You miss Wandsworth?!

(I grew up in Wandsworth)
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:55 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE ambra.....glad you've joined our friendly community, enjoy posting!
B
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Londonuck
You miss Wandsworth?!

(I grew up in Wandsworth)
Yeaaah, I do miss Wandsworth a lot.......

I used to live in the Common, 5 mins walk from Bellevue Road....I fell in love with that area straight away..the park, Northcote Road, Clapham....

While living in London I used to visit Italy once a month, to see relatives and friends; now, funny enough, i'm doing the other way around, I'm going to London every couple of months..

Thanks everyone again for your welcome!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

jc175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeaaah, I do miss Wandsworth a lot.......

I used to live in the Common, 5 mins walk from Bellevue Road....I fell in love with that area straight away..the park, Northcote Road, Clapham....

While living in London I used to visit Italy once a month, to see relatives and friends; now, funny enough, i'm doing the other way around, I'm going to London every couple of months..

Thanks everyone again for your welcome!
Hi Ambra! Well, I'm sort of italian myself, but I grew up in the UK (and around the globe too)only to settle in Trieste some ten years ago. Although it is certainly easier to adjust in a town like TS rather than in the pictoresque but somewhat difficult South, it was quite a change, requiring some getting used to. It'd be interesting, being a native Italian, if you'd share with us if and how did your idea of Italy change, after this experience abroad. Did you notice things you did not before? etc.etc.
I ask because when I go back to UK I realise and see many things differently, now, some for the better, some for the worse. :-)
All the best
Julian
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc175
Hi Ambra! Well, I'm sort of italian myself, but I grew up in the UK (and around the globe too)only to settle in Trieste some ten years ago. Although it is certainly easier to adjust in a town like TS rather than in the pictoresque but somewhat difficult South, it was quite a change, requiring some getting used to. It'd be interesting, being a native Italian, if you'd share with us if and how did your idea of Italy change, after this experience abroad. Did you notice things you did not before? etc.etc.
I ask because when I go back to UK I realise and see many things differently, now, some for the better, some for the worse. :-)
All the best
Julian
Julian...this forum is for new BE members to introduce themselves. Therefore please could you open a thread in the Italy forum to discuss this topic? Thank you.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jc175
All the best
Julian
Hi Julian ! nice to meet you ...I've looked for a forum like this one, as I love to hear other people opinions, above all about my country which has vices and virtues We can talk about on the italian forum
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:30 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

5 mins walk from Bellevue Road....I fell in love with that area straight away..the park, Northcote Road, Clapham....
Always wanted to try Chez Bruce.