Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Auto Insurance in NY or NJ

Auto Insurance in NY or NJ

Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:14 am
Just Joined

LDParker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auto Insurance in NY or NJ

Hello all. New Member here looking for help in the US. Im moving to the US in October, family in tow working on Wall St, NY. Doing my best to prepare for the move. Could someone advise on car "auto" insurance? I will most likely take a new car but having trouble finding insurance. I have been quoted US 3000 for 6 months!!?! WOW! Is it really that expensive in the US? Lee

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 24th 2010 at 1:02 pm. Reason: removed website address
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Insurance in NY or NJ

Originally Posted by LDParker
Hello all. New Member here looking for help in the US. Im moving to the US in October, family in tow working on Wall St, NY. Doing my best to prepare for the move. Could someone advise on car "auto" insurance? I will most likely take a new car via intauto.com but having trouble finding insurance. I have been quoted US 3000 for 6 months!!?! WOW! Is it really that expensive in the US? Lee
Hi Lee and welcome to BE Good to have you with us. Lots of members on here live in the NY area, I would suggest you post your question again in the US forum here There has been quite a lot of discussion on there about auto ins' lately. $3,000 is a lot for 6 months, but for new drivers here it can be around $2,000 depending on what car/ins' company you go with.

See you in the Forum
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

LDParker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Will do.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to BE.

I see you have reposted your questions in the US forums...also take a quick look through the old threads as car insurance is a subject that we discuss on a regular basis.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Good luck with the move.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:20 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee

Welcome to BE.
Hope you find lots of good tips and advice on the US forum

Dread - x