Reload this Page >

NZ Partnership Visa Help

NZ Partnership Visa Help

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:17 am
Just Joined

MeganPU18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy NZ Partnership Visa Help

Hi All

Any help with the below would be hugely appreciated as I am feeling particularly swamped with this:

I am a UK citizen. My boyfriend of 20 months is a NZ citizen. My sister has recently acquired NZ residency. i went to visit her in Jan 2012, and met my boyfriend there. I moved in with him in May 2012 and paid him rent until Nov 2012 when I flew home for 5 weeks for christmas. I was not put on the lease as there was not much point as I was going home for xmas etc. Boxing Day – 1st March we went travelling together (he flew out from NZ and i flew out from the UK and met up) and then both flew back to the UK after we had finished travelling. (my boyfriend was eligable for a UK passport and now has one which is why we are able to live here together). We have had a joint bank account and savings account since March and have taken out a loan in his name of which my father is the guarantor but my boyfriend and I are paying back the loan. We live together with my parents and therefore do not pay rent as we are saving up to move back to NZ (hopefully!!) we also bought a car together in NZ and here in the UK and have insurance in both our names here.
We have been together for 20 months, and have lived together since last May however we do not have continual 12 month proof of living together, even though we have only been apart for 5 weeks since we were together (when i went home for Xmas). we have inches and inches of proof, bank statements, personal statements from ourselves and friends and family, wedding invites, skype and facebook messages from when we were apart, birthday cards, next of kin on passports and doctors surgerys etc etc etc. this is a very vague and quick summary of the proof we have, but i am wondering if we have enough proof for our living together situation? we can account for every single day we have been together.
after having read alot of info online, i am starting to panic -

Does my partner need to be living in NZ at the time of my application? we are both currently living in the UK as stated but it is temporary.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:50 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Partnership Visa Help

Hi. I see you've posted exactly the same thread in the NZ section....which is the best place for your question, so I'll ask the Mods to close up this topic.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

MeganPU18 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi bakedbean ... yes i did! very new to this site thank you!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 6:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

And a hi from me - and thread closed